Today I had a very painful experience with my exfavorite mobile browser. I was on myxer to make a new ringtone. All was fine and dandy until I had to choose the song to upload. The dialogue poped up for me to explore my phone but everytime I clicked on something I had to give opera mini permission. I had to stop and click yes 4 times before I got to the music section on my sd card. Then things got really bad. I was getting a dialogue for every single song. I have over 300 songs on my phone so obviously I just gave up. I was so frustrated I wanted to throw my BB! Luckily I just pressed a lot of buttons all angry like. I have also been randomly getting java errors while just browsing. I think this problem is stemming from the fact that I have the version without the certificates, Which wasn't by choice because I couldn't download the regular version. Sorry for ranting like that, but I use the internet on my phone very often and I would rather not go back the the standard web browser. So any help on how to make it stop asking for permission would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 04:55 AM
    Guess what...you are not alone to hate opera mini.

08-06-08 05:39 AM
    I never loaded it as I saw a fair amount of negative comments about it on this site.

08-06-08 06:15 AM
    I have tried it a few times and hated it. Never using it again.

08-06-08 06:45 AM
    Wow, all you have to do is set your permissions in the OPTIONS area of your Blackberry.

OPTIONS->Security Options->Application Permissions
    Scroll down to Opera Mini->menu-key->edit permissions
    Set all "interactions" and "Connections" to ALLOW
    Set FILES in "User Data" to ALLOW

Opera is not that bad, it's actually good when you set it up right.
    It also has better graphics than the native BB Browser.

Dm
    08-06-08 07:56 AM
    Wow, all you have to do is set your permissions in the OPTIONS area of your Blackberry.
    Opera is not that bad, it's actually good when you set it up right.
    It also has better graphics than the native BB Browser.

Dm
    BlackBerry Browser in OS 4.5 FTW

And I hate OM as well... pain in my a$$, even with correct permissions!
    08-06-08 08:01 AM
    I liked Opera Mini better than the BB browser in 4.2 but now that I'm running 4.5 I said bah bye to Opera. The native browser in OS4.5 is better IMHO, plus without loading OM, that's one less app to eat away memory.
    08-06-08 01:00 PM
    I have the beta 4.5 on my 8130 but the browser is still average for me. Maybe until the official release. As for setting permissions, I have done that but yet my problem still exists. Oh well though. I really should have better things to do than browse the internet on a 2'' screen all day :P
    08-06-08 02:37 PM
    I tried installing and living with OM twice based on suggestions on this site. I couldn't stand it either time, even after messing with configurations. I don't LOVE the native browser, but to me it is much better than OM.
    08-06-08 02:54 PM
    Today I had a very painful experience with my exfavorite mobile browser. I was on myxer .... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Guess what...you are not alone to hate opera mini.

HA!
    Well the both of you have the same avatar soooooo...
    anyways Opera is great dont give up on it yet!
    08-06-08 02:54 PM
    BlackBerry Browser in OS 4.5 FTW

And I hate OM as well... pain in my a$$, even with correct permissions!

Hey BM!
    Nice avatar!

Im hurt with all the hate on the Mini though ... lol
    08-06-08 02:57 PM
    I have to confess...
    I've been fiddling with the native browser ever since I upgraded to 4.5
    And I do have to say its a lot nicer than before almost opera like--ALMOST!!!
    08-06-08 08:58 PM
    Opera is quite terrible imo, it takes most sites I go yo (forums and such) and chops them into little bitty pieces before reassmbling them incorrectly. Have no fear though it looks like mozilla is releasing a mobile browser soon. Here's hoping to that!

08-06-08 09:01 PM
    Hey BM!
    Nice avatar!
    Thanks!!

I actually remembered you had an AvA avatar when I loaded mine!

I PMed you about it or mentioned it to you a couple of times on the baords before, but you never responded.
    08-06-08 09:02 PM
    Opera is quite terrible imo, it takes most sites I go yo (forums and such) and chops them into little bitty pieces before reassmbling them incorrectly. Have no fear though it looks like mozilla is releasing a mobile browser soon. Here's hoping to that!

I always thought opera was great even more during the 4.2 days.
    Are you sure your not taliking about wap.crackberry? LOL
    08-06-08 09:08 PM
    Thanks!!

I actually remembered you had an AvA avatar when I loaded mine!

I PMed you about it or mentioned it to you a couple of times on the baords before, but you never responded.
    That's cool
    The more the merrier I say!
    Tell me--whats up with all these new CB avatars with everyones names on them?
    Would that be classified as selling out?lol
    08-06-08 09:22 PM
    I also hate Opera Mini.
    When I want to check the bus schedules while waiting for a bus, or just when I'm not in the vicinity of a computer, I have to click on a bus stop ID, which happens to be a number, and then my phone asks me, "do you want to call this number?" NO, I just want to follow the darn link.

Is there a way to disable that? It's incredibly frustrating! On the native browser I can't even get to the page because it's not coded in a way that makes it accessible using WAP at all.
    08-06-08 10:07 PM
    I've tried OM several times and end up removing it every time. I can't wait for an official 4.5 release for the 8330.

08-06-08 11:58 PM
    In reaponse to gonzy, lol I'm not talking about the blackberry browser because I don't expect it to do anything more than render wap sites. I do however expect opera to render websites fully as it is touted to do. That not being the case $eans it has failed in its functions and is a bad product.

08-07-08 12:59 AM
    I actually love Opera Mini compared to IE ex0ept for one flaw. Is there a way to send it to the background? The only option I see is to exit which totally sucks. At least in IE u can switch applications and then come back.

08-07-08 01:56 AM
    I just hit the END key and it lets it run in the background.

I don't hate it, I just don't like the fact that every time I want to type something into it, it always starts with a capital letter. Not a huge deal, unless it is a password that is starred out. Then I have to type the first letter, back space and type it again so it is small case. Why would they do that. It seems that almost everything on the internet is small case.
    08-08-08 02:06 PM
    I think I might just have to bite the bullet on this one. While I hate having to always allow permission I do like the way OM makes the web pages look, much more realistic than bb browser imho. I'm hoping that RIM will step up their game and release a browser worthy to take on the iPhone. Until then though...
    08-09-08 06:23 AM
    Once 4.5 dropped I got rid of opera mini in a matter of seconds.
    08-09-08 07:29 AM
    I downloaded it, then deleted it 5 minutes later.

Hated it!
    08-09-08 07:54 AM
    I think I might just have to bite the bullet on this one. While I hate having to always allow permission I do like the way OM makes the web pages look, much more realistic than bb browser imho. I'm hoping that RIM will step up their game and release a browser worthy to take on the iPhone. Until then though...
    If you enable your firewall, that gets rid of the permission requests.

08-09-08 12:16 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD