I tried amAze for my 9930 but it froze when I tried to get to the "turn by turn" portion. I am coming from Android and this is the only thing that I must have on my phone, my sense of direction is so horrible I can't be without a turn-by-turn navigation app.

Anyone have any suggestions? I own a GPS but it's old and crappy, would much rather have 1 device to do it all.

Thanks-

Also, loving the 9930. A little more effort to get things going than Android, but it's so solid and well thought out.
    08-17-11 09:07 PM
    Are you with Verizon? Their VZNavigator is pretty good.
    08-17-11 09:09 PM
    Yes, I'm on Verizon. I dont want to pay monthly, especially since google gave us Maps Navigation for free which worked very well. I would be willing to pay a one time fee if the navigation was top-tier quality, but I would much rather have a "pretty good" nav app that was free
    08-17-11 09:11 PM
    I use LifeInPocket on my 9700. It is free and has turn by turn with voice but I don't know if it works on the 9930.
    08-17-11 09:29 PM
    08-17-11 09:31 PM
    This is one of the biggest draw backs with blackberry coming from android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 09:32 PM
    I use Ubinav, its okay was pricey to me at 50 bucks. lol just checked it expired today. May try out the garmin
    08-17-11 09:42 PM
    I know you don't want subscription fees, but TeleNav (VZNav?) is one I recommend highly. I used it on BB, and still use it on my Android device. Great having two free navigation programs.
    08-17-11 09:42 PM
    is the 9930 compatible with this? i have used it before and it rocks.

08-17-11 10:01 PM
    is the 9930 compatible with this? i have used it before and it rocks.
    Nope, just paid 100 bucks and it fails when trying to run. I should have stuck with ubinav lol
    08-17-11 10:12 PM
    Hello, Sprint offers free voice navigation but since you are at Verizon try Waze navigation. It is a fun social app that works. Let me forewarn you it is not as polished as the Google Voice Navigation but it gets the job done and has real time updates from other users for radar traps, traffic jams, etc. I had a droid as well and the one benefit on the simpler graphics is the battery does not die as quickly. One last thought. UbiNav is a paid app but it does not charge you for the time since it is integrated with BIS. That is kinda cool if you pay for usage it may be worth it.
    It is really quite good for the price. Good luck.
    08-17-11 11:35 PM
    Thanks for all of the replies so far. I've just tried Waze, not really what I was looking for. I wish I could buy the garmin, but not going to risk it not working on me. If VZ Nav let you pay a 1 time fee I'd buy it, but I don't know how I feel about $10 a month, much rather "own" the app than "rent" it.
    08-18-11 05:48 AM
    Ahhhh, thanks ratchetjaw- ubinav is the type of thing I'm looking for. The address entry is so strange (european) so I'm still not 100% happy, but this is the right direction
    Last edited by wmonger; 08-18-11 at 06:02 AM.
    08-18-11 05:57 AM
    I tried amAze for my 9930 but it froze when I tried to get to the "turn by turn" portion. I am coming from Android and this is the only thing that I must have on my phone, my sense of direction is so horrible I can't be without a turn-by-turn navigation app.

Anyone have any suggestions? I own a GPS but it's old and crappy, would much rather have 1 device to do it all.

Thanks-

Also, loving the 9930. A little more effort to get things going than Android, but it's so solid and well thought out.
    Blackberry Traffic is a fantastic App. Simple interface and pretty relaible traffic flow indications. Takes a little getting used to moving around the screens but I have found that it is a great tool that works well.
    Last edited by PondHockey; 08-18-11 at 06:08 AM.
    08-18-11 06:03 AM
    Not sure if Waze is already OS7 Compatible, but it sure is Turn by Turn and Free (due to it's User Based Maps, so might not always be that accurate).
    doubles101 likes this.
    08-18-11 06:44 AM
    I love VZ Nav. If I ever switch to an Android I'll probably keep paying to use it. It integrates very well with contacts, plus makes a few other things easier, too. My Storm 2 is retiring soon, and as I contemplate the Bold as its replacement, the one thing I keep thinking about is losing screen size for Navigating. does anyone think I'll be ok navigating on the new Bold? And what about the PlayBook? Would the Bold bridge VZ Nav to the PlayBook so I can navigate with it?
    Last edited by deke09; 08-18-11 at 09:21 AM.
    08-18-11 09:15 AM
    More love for VZ Nav here.
    08-18-11 09:43 AM
    The new Bold screen isn't all that much smaller thaln the Storm2. I've just upgraded from the S2 and am looking for a replacement for the Garmin app I loved on the Storm!
    08-18-11 09:16 PM
    what about wisepilot? They have a life time price as well. Seems fairly solid. They say it supports 9900... Should work with 9930? I will not get this 9930 until I find a solid voice turn by turn app with map... All the free ones look like they suck to me. Also it must be a one time fee. Any monthly fee is a rip off. Wisepilot looks like match as they do have a lifetime option. Let me know if the demo works for the 9930. If I don't find a decent GPS app it is a droid bionic.
    09-16-11 10:29 PM
    Blackberry Traffic is a fantastic App. Simple interface and pretty relaible traffic flow indications. Takes a little getting used to moving around the screens but I have found that it is a great tool that works well.
    One drawback is that it doesn't do voice navigation to my knowledge...
    09-18-11 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD