I have had an alltel 8330 for about a year and I am pretty familiar with it. I just had to by a new one and when I tried to log in to slacker radio I get an error message that reads "the application slacker_ radio has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy". After that the login fails. I understand why this is against policy I just need to know if there is anything I can do to fix it. Thank you for taking time to help.
    08-06-09 05:09 PM
    I assume you are on a BES in which case I think the only way around your problem is to talk to your IT dept and see if they have a work around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 05:55 PM
    Yeah otherwise, there's no "fix".

And be aware that circumventing your IT policy is not generally recommended and can often get you in big trouble with your employer.
    08-06-09 06:35 PM
    I am my own employer so I am not worried about that, if I do get this figured out are there going to be any major repercussions?
    08-06-09 11:39 PM
    Oh, I am not or at least not to my knowledge on an enterprise server
    08-06-09 11:44 PM
    Try a hard reset and that should clear up any policies or settings that may have gotten on the BB.

Be sure to backup your information first with desktop manager. Then options > security options > general settings > press the BB Menu button (left of trackball) and then go to "Wipe Handheld"
    08-07-09 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD