pretty cool I was able to do my first Skype call using my Blackberry this morning! I was able to call a Freind in Austrailia vacationing for a couple months.

Skype works great! Very impressed with this app! Way to go Verizon!!

by the way, if you want Skype, and do not see it on your blackberry, just Register your phone (Options-Advanced Options, host routing table, menu, Register now) the download app will be on your homescreen then. Or just do a battery pull.
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 03-25-10 at 06:57 AM. Reason: spelling error
    03-25-10 06:53 AM
    Awesome. Can't wait to try.
    03-25-10 07:17 AM
    can you save and link on megaupload the skype.cod file?
    03-25-10 07:27 AM
    Just go to skype.com/m

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 07:53 AM
    Only works on vzw, won't work on other carriers.

Here is a copy of the help file

Getting started
    Can I use Skype mobile on my Verizon phone when I'm abroad?
    Sorry, but you can only use it on Verizon Wireless in the US.

Can I use Skype mobile on my non-Verizon phone?
    Sorry, but you can only use this version of Skype on Verizon Wireless phones.

Costs
    How much does it cost to use Skype mobile on my Verizon phone?
    Skype-to-Skype calls are free to make and receive, and calling international phone numbers uses Skype Credit, just like it does on your desktop PC.

Calls to US numbers will be carried by Verizon Wireless, not Skype, and charged according to your calling plan.

How much data does Skype mobile use?
    Let's look at an example user. Tom has 25 Skype contacts and signs in twice a day for a total of 1 hour. He sends and receives about 15 messages a day and makes two Skype calls of about 2 minutes each. Tom would use roughly 1 MB worth of data in one month. We strongly recommend you sign up for a Verizon Wireless data plan and check how much you will pay per megabyte.

How much does it cost to call international numbers?
    The rates for calling international numbers are the same as they are on Skype on your computer - see the rates on skype.com.

How do I check my Skype Credit balance on Skype mobile?
    Check your Skype Credit balance via the menu on the Contact list screen. Balances are not updated immediately, so if you have just made a call, then the balance shown may not be accurate.

Calling
    How do I make a Skype call?
    Select a contact from the Skype home screen, select menu and then Call. If you are calling a Skype contact who's also on Skype mobile, your call will come up as "Skype Call" in their caller ID. If you are calling a phone number, then your call will be from "Unknown number".

How do I receive Skype calls?
    If you have chosen to receive Skype calls they will be forwarded to your phone at no charge. Receiving a Skype call will be just like receiving a cellular phone call. Calls will show up as 'Skype Call' in your caller ID.

What happens if I'm on a Skype call and I receive a cellular call (and vice versa)?
    All incoming calls will be handled as usual, according to how you've set up call forwarding and call waiting on your mobile.

Why do I hear a message that I've reached a non-working number?
    Please check that Caller ID Blocking is not enabled.

When I make a call to an international number, it rings once and then drops - why is this?
    Please check that you have sufficient Skype Credit, or an appropriate Skype calling subscription.

Instant messaging

Why does Skype mobile sometimes show IM's I've already seen as unread?
    Sometimes Skype mobile can't tell which IM's have been viewed on other versions of Skype.

Can I instant message more than one person at a time?
    Yes, you can continue group conversations you have started on your PC and you can also create them by selecting 'Add people' from Menu when you're in an IM.

Are messages I enter and receive on my phone stored anywhere?
    No, instant messages on the phone are not stored after you sign-out.

03-25-10 07:57 AM
    Works great! Spoke to my brother in Hong Kong, VERY good call quality.
    03-25-10 05:22 PM
    Called family in Jamaica and England. Very good quality calls. Encouraging other overseas relatives to get Skype.
    03-25-10 08:32 PM
    Call my friend earlier, love this app, works great.
    03-25-10 08:59 PM
    I'm so jealous right now. Hope Vodafone take notes from this and bring it to us
    03-26-10 01:34 AM
    So, does this do anything that IM+ Talk for Skype doesn't?

IM+ Talk :: BlackBerry :: Products
    03-26-10 01:34 PM
    is this available on T-Mobile USA?
    03-26-10 03:06 PM
    is this available on T-Mobile USA?
    No. Only VZW has it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-26-10 03:15 PM
    I could see why people who talk internationally would really want this, but I don't even call anyone outside of my local calling area! Pretty useless for me, I don't even know any of my friends/family that use Skype.

Crazy that the Big Red Devil has a lock on this, now at least you get something for your high price plans.
    03-26-10 04:44 PM
    I've got a friend stationed in Iraq and we spoke via Skype today on the phone. Very cool being able to stay in for free.

04-12-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD