It has been a while I'm having this problem, with google mobile app, google maps, blackberry maps and a few others,when I use them I suddenly lose my BIS connection that comes back as soon as I close them.. It first started when I upgraded to OS6 even if saved every setting as suggested in the forum..
    Can anyone help me out??is getting pretty annoying..
    Thanks!
    Enrico

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 06:51 AM
    Seems by you describing it happens only on OS 6, it didn't happen on OS 5. Maybe OS 6 just isn't the right choice. If you tried a battery pull, registered under the host routing table and sent servicebooks with the apps running in the background, it might solve it temporarily. I still suggest downgrading, it will solve the issue and your device will function like it did before.

01-12-11 07:14 AM
    Ask your operator if he support OS6,
    There are lot of problems in service book support for OS6

If this doesn't work, downgrade to OS5

01-12-11 10:10 AM
    I found some strange quirks after upgrading to OS6 with some apps which were backed up/restored from my OS5 install. Eg: google maps would not detect the cell towers/GPS/anything. I also had another issue with a different app which would not update the data properly.

I uninstalled the apps which gave me any issues and then re-installed them through app-world or OTA download. I think with google apps specifically this should be done, as everything seems to work fine after the re-install.
    01-12-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD