I used QuickPull because it was running slow. When I did, it restarted, and there was an icon for Slacker. It took me to their website to download the program.

Will they stop sending me this spam.

I'm on Verizon with a 9530. Did anyone else get this, whether on Verizon or not?

Posted from my computer at wapforums.crackberry.com (using PDANet)
    07-15-09 10:46 PM
    I got the same thing- wish Verizon won't spam us
    07-15-09 10:50 PM
    i read something today saying that slacker and verizon's music service, vcast music with rhapsody, have partnered up.

get ready for the slacker spam!!!
    07-15-09 10:52 PM
    I used QuickPull because it was running slow. When I did, it restarted, and there was an icon for Slacker. It took me to their website to download the program.

Will they stop sending me this spam.

I'm on Verizon with a 9530. Did anyone else get this, whether on Verizon or not?

Posted from my computer at wapforums.crackberry.com (using PDANet)
    Yea I got it too. Be prepared for a long rant from JRSCIVIC to.....SHOW OUR DRIVING FORCE TO STOP PUSHED ICONS!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 10:52 PM
    I think I'm gonna try and call customer service and see if they will stop it. I'm paying $140 a month, so I should be able to opt out of the spam.
    07-15-09 10:57 PM
    Lol I just got this icon... Ughhh lol

07-15-09 11:00 PM
    Yea I got it too. Be prepared for a long rant from JRSCIVIC to.....SHOW OUR DRIVING FORCE TO STOP PUSHED ICONS!!!!!!!!!!

STFU knuckhead. No one wants to hear your bullisht on this matter. (I and others got tired of hearing your repeat comments in the other thread about VPLs.) If you disagree with it, post it once. It's obvious more people agree with me then they do with you. Stop pushing your VZW propaganda on us!!! It was consumer voices that brought GPS unlock from Verizon, so I'd shut my mouth if I were you...
    07-15-09 11:08 PM
    STFU knuckhead. No one wants to hear your bullisht on this matter. (I and others got tired of hearing your repeat comments in the other thread about VPLs.) If you disagree with it, post it once. It's obvious more people agree with me then they do with you. Stop pushing your VZW propaganda on us!!! It was consumer voices that brought GPS unlock from Verizon, so I'd shut my mouth if I were you...
    I second that.
    07-15-09 11:16 PM
    I second that.
    i third this
    07-15-09 11:18 PM
    I can post however many times I like. Who are you to tell me to post something once? Verizon propaganda?? Haha how big of a loser are you??

07-15-09 11:27 PM
    Yeah. I just reset and got the dumb icon too. Wish it was easy to uninstall/remove.
    Also I second the third.
    07-15-09 11:30 PM
    Gotta agree with Civic on this.

07-15-09 11:33 PM
    I was under the impression that Slacker was a good application? lol..
    I've used it foreverrr.

I know some may not want it, but I think a lot will get good use out of it.
    07-15-09 11:34 PM
    I've used it foreverrr.

Its great, I use it all the time. I just don't like how they're going about advertising all this crap. I didn't agree to product placement on my phone.

07-15-09 11:36 PM
    Its propaganda and no one will get use out of it. 98 honda civic driver said so.

07-15-09 11:37 PM
    Personally I may use it BUT I still resent them sending it to my phone without me instigating it. I am more than capable of picking, choosing and downloading any apps. that I decide to put on my phone thank you very much!
    07-15-09 11:49 PM
    I've used it foreverrr.

Beyond the fact that they just "installed" an add on my phone, I don't even have the option to remove it like I would any other app.
    07-15-09 11:54 PM
    Beyond the fact that they just "installed" an add on my phone, I don't even have the option to remove it like I would any other app.
    I doubt they "installed" it, If anything it's just like AIM YAHOO, ETC that CAME on the phone. DAMN YOU VERIZON DAMN YOU!

It's probably a launcher to install it, just hide it as if you were to do it with many of the other pre-installed launchers.

If it came on the phone when you bought it, would it still be a big deal?

When joey goes to buy his storm in a month, and it's on there, will he be upset?
    07-16-09 12:01 AM
    I've used it foreverrr.

I'm sure it is a good app, I've read good reviews about it.

What bothers me is the principal of receiving unsolicited spam icons on my phone. My phone runs slow enough the way it is, these icons are taking up space, and using memory.
    07-16-09 12:09 AM
    I second that.
    i third this
    I fourth it
    07-16-09 12:16 AM
    Haha how big of a loser are you??
    Compared to her near 10k posts and your minescule 299, your the loser kid.
    07-16-09 12:19 AM
    Is this just a VZW practice or are other carriers also pulling this?
    07-16-09 12:21 AM
    Compared to her near 10k posts and your minescule 299, your the loser kid.
    Yes. I'm a loser because I don't sit around and post 10k+ posts on a cell phone forum. Makes perfect sense actually. You nailed it, thanks.

Last edited by jimmyknuckles32; 07-16-09 at 12:31 AM.
    07-16-09 12:28 AM
    If it came on the phone when you bought it, would it still be a big deal?
    best point in this thread.
    07-16-09 12:28 AM
    Its propaganda and no one will get use out of it. 98 honda civic driver said so.

ok i dont know her or anyone on here like that so my intention is not defending her but why does her car effect her descion? what does it have to do with this?

i hate assholes like you because they see HONDA they think its crap, first off her sn is JRSC, which is a supercharger, plus in a LIGHT car i think it will smoke your piece of crap pinto.

anyway this isnt a car thread so i apologize for that, anyway for the icon issue, i dont like this either but i dont have to live with it. Just press you berries key and click hide..presto its gone.

enjoy your day everyone or night
    07-16-09 12:30 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD