Hey,
    I've been reading these threads for a long time, but never had anything exciting to contribute, untill a few days ago. I now have a boostberry running Appworld... Ok I first went to sprints website and updated my BB firmware to v5.0.0.807 after i backed up all my information, I made sure that Appworld WAS checked off to be installed. then I re-installed the service books for boost thanks to amysharren (tutorial found else where in this forum) At this point you will have NO Appworld icon yet. I then restored my contacts and such. Afterwards I connected to my Wifi and googled using the BB Browser "Appworld Download" went to the official BB website, Downloaded BlackBerry App World on the phone. it installed and Re-booted the Berry, and Wala! There was the icon so many people are looking for. Hope this makes alot of people Happy!
    10-21-10 04:56 PM
    you have the icon but does it work?
    10-22-10 11:46 AM
    I just assumed that everyone with a BoostBerry had appworld after upgrading to 5.0.

you have the icon but does it work?
    It works fine for me, I've DL'ed a few apps from it. I still prefer OTA downloads though.
    10-22-10 12:45 PM
    ... The icon works, sorry I did not think that I had to be so specific, I have downloaded about 7 Apps from it 2 of which did not work... I did have to create a BB ID to download some of the Apps. Note: just because Appworld works does NOT mean the apps you download from it will work (i.e. Facebook).

When I upgraded to V5 it installed Appworld but the icon would not show up on my Homescreen or anywhere for that matter. It wasn't untill I downloaded the newest version from Blackberry did it work properly on my 8350i Note: I have done this on 2 BB's now both working beatifully
    10-22-10 02:40 PM
    thanks a lot. really appreciate the info
    10-22-10 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD