Only thing you can do about this is to call VZW and complain. The more people complain the more they'll realize that we don't want this content as a form of advertisement. Trust me, VZW has just recently started to do these VPL pushes... AT&T and T-Mobile has done it for A LOT longer and there are quite a few VPL icons that get pushed by those carriers. Pretty soon, you'll be overrun with them.

CALL AND COMPLAIN. It won't solve the problem right then and there, but it will eventually fix the problem. GPS got unlocked this way and WIFI will be coming soon to a BB near you because of similar tactics.
    07-16-09 10:09 PM
    I saw where some one said if you call and 8itch enough and get the right person they can delete specific service books from your account so that the won't get pushed after deletion....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:48 PM
    I saw where some one said if you call and 8itch enough and get the right person they can delete specific service books from your account so that the won't get pushed after deletion....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is not far from the truth. T-Mobile can pick and choose which service books go to your account. I've called them several times for corporate account BBs and requested certain service books not be sent. VZW for some reason is playing the "We have no control over that" song at the moment. I'm sure it'll change eventually.
    07-16-09 10:52 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD