Like the title says I don't want them on my phone is there a way to get rid of them I tried shrink a os and the are not a option. Right now I just have them hidden. Thanks for the help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 04:05 PM
    Like the title says I don't want them on my phone is there a way to get rid of them I tried shrink a os and the are not a option. Right now I just have them hidden. Thanks for the help

You can delete the service books, but they'll come back. Just like AIM, Yahoo, Google talk and windows live messanger. Hiding them is all you can do.
    07-16-09 04:08 PM
    I believe that all you can do is hide them.

I tried deleting service books, but after a battery pull they come back.
    07-16-09 04:09 PM
    Those apps are like Jason from Friday 13th, they all ways commmmmmmmme back
    07-16-09 04:10 PM
    You'll never be able to get rid of them completely even with shrink OS. Their not installed either just icons to go install them.

If you dont want consumer content pushed to your consumer device, id say its time you go looking elsewhere, heard the Tour is lovely.
    07-16-09 04:13 PM
    You'll never be able to get rid of them completely even with shrink OS. Their not installed either just icons to go install them.

If you dont want consumer content pushed to your consumer device, id say its time you go looking elsewhere, heard the Tour is lovely.
    Well ill just keep them hidden then I guess. I like the storm for the most part. I've tried using slacker before and thought pandora is a lot better. Besides I'm sure eventually verizon will be pushing this crap to everyone

07-16-09 04:20 PM
    Verizon isn't forcing you to use them...
    07-16-09 04:23 PM
    I doubt VZW will be pushing this to other devices, as they arent really poised for the consumer market (even though they buy them!) like the Storm was.

Id like to know if BES users are getting this too
    07-16-09 04:35 PM
    go into options....advanced options...aplications...find the one you don't want and press the menu key...and delete...voila!!
    07-16-09 04:39 PM
    go into options....advanced options...aplications...find the one you don't want and press the menu key...and delete...voila!!

Not to ruin your parade, but those particular apps just comes back. The only way not to see them is to just hide them.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 07-16-09 at 10:19 PM.
    07-16-09 04:41 PM
    i just deleted it from my apps list...reset the phone..did battery pull...it's not there...sooo yeah..
    07-16-09 04:54 PM
    i just deleted it from my apps list...reset the phone..did battery pull...it's not there...sooo yeah..
    They will come back just wait. VZW will push them back to you.
    07-16-09 05:00 PM
    oh i'll wait......
    07-16-09 05:01 PM
    Seriously folks they cannot be permanently deleted. They WILL come back.

Just hide them and forget about them.
    07-16-09 05:04 PM
    Seriously folks they cannot be permanently deleted. They WILL come back.

Just hide them and forget about them.

He/she is a noob; they all have to learn to learn sooner or later.
    07-16-09 05:06 PM
    I doubt VZW will be pushing this to other devices, as they arent really poised for the consumer market (even though they buy them!) like the Storm was.

Id like to know if BES users are getting this too
    BES user here . . . looks like I have Vzw Tones and VCast Song ID, but I don't see Slacker?
    07-16-09 05:58 PM
    I'm on BIS and don't have the push Slacker icon. I do though have Slacker already installed. Maybe they can tell who has it already and won't push it?

07-16-09 06:05 PM
    ha...this is what i do for a living...work on phones and such...but thanks..
    then i feel sorry for your boss, he must be thinking where did we find this *****!
    07-16-09 06:25 PM
    delete them out of the service book. there was a link on here, i did that and i havent had them come back, after several wipes.
    07-16-09 06:27 PM
    They are just 'links' to download the applications. If you dont download them, they wont be installed.
    07-16-09 06:27 PM
    Verizon isn't forcing you to use them...
    They still show up on my phone. Comercails show up on my tv I can deal with them too. Was just curious since I didn't want them to show if I could get rid of them.

07-16-09 07:04 PM
    I'm not sure what you were deleting, but unless you already had the programs being pushed installed, you didn't delete them. They are being pushed via the service books and the only way to really "get rid of them" is to delete the service book that pertains to them. However, when you reregister your phone with the network, a whole new group of service books, including the ones you previously deleted, will come to your phone and you will be in the same predicament you were previously in.
    Last edited by amavit; 07-16-09 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Grammar
    07-16-09 08:14 PM
    I know this might be a stupid question, but the Storm has a firewall. Can it be setup to block those service books? What other purpose does certain service books do besides reset browser and emails?
    07-16-09 08:48 PM
    They'll be back like the Terminator.
    07-16-09 08:51 PM
    I know this might be a stupid question, but the Storm has a firewall. Can it be setup to block those service books? What other purpose does certain service books do besides reset browser and emails?
    No, I don't believe so because they come from VZW and your phone is VZW so they are a "safe" sender so to speak and can send through the firewall as well as work around it to push the content to your phone.
    07-16-09 08:53 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD