Hello,

I am new. I did a search to see if it was brought up in other threads but I didn't find any so I apologize if I am repeating an earlier thread.

I tried to download a couple apps from this site and my phone (a Storm but I don't think it is specific to that) and I got the message that I need a CM module.

Where can I get this module?

Thanks a bunch!
    05-27-09 08:24 PM
    Are you using the most current BB device software?
    05-27-09 08:30 PM
    I dont know what apps you are looking at but the easiest way to find storm compatible ones is to go to the crackberry store and switch the device model ( top left hand side of the page ) to the storm and then search. The results should yield only storm compatible apps
    05-27-09 08:34 PM
    you might also try downloading blackberry app world.
    05-27-09 08:35 PM
    I won't waste my money with Appworld. It is a complete ripoff and sell bad apps. They have no customer service.

I am running the latest (official) version on the Storm. I also have the model set to Storm. I was just adding a couple games and I was gonna buy a couple but I don't want to if they won't load on my phone.
    05-27-09 08:53 PM
    Do you have your browser emulation set to Blackberry? If it's similar to the 8330, the Emulation in Options, Browser Configuration from within the browser application needs to be set to Blackberry for downloading apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 09:08 PM
    Yes it is set as blackberry.

I know there is an update for the Storm but the link on here for it does not work and I don't know how to use torrents which are all I could find. So I guess I am stuck with .75.

This is starting to sound like my phone can't download apps. Is this what you are telling me?

So umm... I really liked my Palm. Never had an issue with it until I broke it haha!
    Last edited by Jennseesyou; 05-28-09 at 04:43 PM.
    05-28-09 04:37 PM
    Some apps are OTA (.jad files), meaning you have to download them Over The Air by clicking on them with your BB. Other apps/themes are .zip files which are downloaded to your PC. Because they are compressed .zip files, you have to extract them to .alx/.cod files before you use Desktop Manager's Application Loader to put the app/theme on your BB.

Perhaps you are trying to load an app the wrong way?
    05-28-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD