When listening to music via Slacker Radio, the app allows me to "activate" BT headset via the Slacker app menu and to my surprise, I am able to listen music through my BT headset. This was a real cool discovery, I thought. However, when I listen to music through the BB music player, RIM does not offer such capability within the BB app menu.

To that I say, c'mon RIM give us this capability soon.
    09-20-09 08:45 PM
    um, I have the option to use bluetooth in media player I use it to stream music in my car to my bluetooth gateway or my moto bluetooth stereo headset.
    09-20-09 09:02 PM
    My music plays through my bluetooth headset by default, the plantronics voyager 855, along with my other bluetooth headset, some random off brand.
    09-20-09 09:05 PM
    All BB media players with 4.6 OS or above are A2DP (Advanced Audio Displacement Program), which is a fancy term for stereo. If you have a bluetooth earpiece or headphones with A2DP capabilities, like my Jabra BT530, not only can you listen to music, but also music videos, tv shows, and full length movies.
    09-20-09 09:22 PM
    I just bought the BT530 and while it connected up fine for making calls I can't get it to play music via the media player. If I pair it with my computer it has no problem streaming a movie or music.
    The BB I am trying to stream music from is a Storm 9530 (only 1 month old) with 5.0 software installed. When the BT530 paired up the handsfree was check marked and the stero audio was red x'd I have no way of knowing how to get it to play music from the phone... as a side note I have a rocketfish headset (bluetooth) and it works fine. I was/am lookingf for a single ear piece thingy, and others commented they were using the bt530... if my wife doesn't decide she likes it (she has no interest in listing to music).
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-07-09 10:27 PM
    I'm not familiar with the Storm Media Player, but I would suggest checking the red X for stereo audio in your settings. Can you change it to a green checkmark. Also are you running a beta OS or an authorized OS from Verizon?
    11-08-09 07:12 AM
    I do not have an A2DP ( plantronics 975) however only with Slacker, I can get the bluetooth option to work. Very cool feature to slacker
    11-08-09 12:49 PM
    Thanks for the reply acecommander I'm running the authorized 5.0 release from verizon... the red x appears when the bluetooth pairs or connects to the device I guess to show what is available or allowed on the connection. I had tried to select the red x to try and change it when trung to trouble shoot the problem myself... I may just return the item and try another... on a side note I see that the crackberry store sells the BT530 for ABOUT 45 BUCKS... when I went to Staples last night and bought it... it was around 80.
    Tut

11-08-09 04:08 PM
    I do not have an A2DP ( plantronics 975) however only with Slacker, I can get the bluetooth option to work. Very cool feature to slacker
    I have a Voyager Pro, same issues. When I was using my WM phones, there was a small utility that would reroute all audio to BT, when the headset didn't have A2DP. If you disconnected or closed an audio app, the phone would revert to normal & you'd have to restart the app to get it back operating, again, each time. I've been looking, but haven't seen anything like it for BB phones. Maybe someone else here has seen an app like that?
    11-27-10 02:39 PM
    You can listen to pandora or slacker with a non a2dp bt, but the sound quality is not so good. I tolerate it in some conditions. When you break down and get a a2dp capable device like the Plantronics pro Plus, or a stereo bt set it makes a world of difference.
    11-27-10 11:34 PM
    Thanks for the reply acecommander I'm running the authorized 5.0 release from verizon... the red x appears when the bluetooth pairs or connects to the device I guess to show what is available or allowed on the connection. I had tried to select the red x to try and change it when trung to trouble shoot the problem myself... I may just return the item and try another... on a side note I see that the crackberry store sells the BT530 for ABOUT 45 BUCKS... when I went to Staples last night and bought it... it was around 80.
    Tut

The BT530 is not an A2DP device therefore no stereo.
    11-28-10 01:20 AM
    I have a Voyager Pro, same issues. When I was using my WM phones, there was a small utility that would reroute all audio to BT, when the headset didn't have A2DP. If you disconnected or closed an audio app, the phone would revert to normal & you'd have to restart the app to get it back operating, again, each time. I've been looking, but haven't seen anything like it for BB phones. Maybe someone else here has seen an app like that?
    Just got the Plantronics Voyager Pro+. Same comfortable fit as the Voyager Pro, seemingly better battery life & A2DP! And Amazon had them LOTS cheaper than elsewhere.
    12-05-10 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD