I purchased the "whereareyou" app for my storm but its not working at all!! I emailed the provider twice but haven't gotten a response. What's my next step?
    12-20-08 11:45 PM
    does it say compatible with the storm or 4.7 os?
    12-20-08 11:46 PM
    I can look again, but I dont remember seeing aything that would tell me it didn't. I have verizon and this is a GPS based app. think that has anything to do with it??
    12-20-08 11:51 PM
    Your next step is to admit defeat and go get a beer.
    12-20-08 11:53 PM
    if it is compatible and you're sure do a battery pull and when it starts back up it might work again! does anyone know how to make a banner on the storm?
    12-20-08 11:54 PM
    Software Technical Support: All product technical support is provided by the software developer. Each product page has a link to the software developer's support email or you can find the same email when you login into your account. The email is listed for each software you have purchased.

Please contact them directly, but if you do not receive a reply, please let us know and we will make sure you get your question answered or problem solved.

WhereAreYou GPS Locator - Travel BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    12-20-08 11:55 PM
    I purchased the "whereareyou" app for my storm but its not working at all!! I emailed the provider twice but haven't gotten a response. What's my next step?
    I have a question, what exactly did you want to use that app for? It looks like an anemic GPS locator to me & google maps has a decent one (not the best) already. Not trying to knock you for buying it, I just want to know what made you purchase it.
    12-20-08 11:56 PM
    hey wood, how does verizon deal with the gps stuff. is that part of my app not working
    12-20-08 11:56 PM
    In case I lose my phone. It was five bucks. I can text my lost phone and receive GPS coord. of exactly where it is. mistake??
    12-20-08 11:58 PM
    Blaze, I have emailed them twice over the last two days and haven't gotten a response
    12-21-08 12:01 AM
    actually, i just read the bottom of their page and it says that its currently not working with the Storm. How do I get a refund??
    12-21-08 12:04 AM
    In case I lose my phone. It was five bucks. I can text my lost phone and receive GPS coord. of exactly where it is. mistake??
    Actually, that's an application that I had not even thought of. And what error messages etc are you getting that leads you to believe its not working? Also did you turn off compatibility mode for that app & see if that helps? from home screen>Options>Advanced Options>Applications>highlight that program>then menu button>compatibility mode
    12-21-08 12:05 AM
    i am assuming you used your card, file the charge as unauthorised or fraud & your CC/debit card company will investigate & probably refund it.
    12-21-08 12:06 AM
    my bank is ****! this app is the #2 most popular app under the travel tab on this site
    12-21-08 12:07 AM
    As an early adopter I lost my $15 by paying for Uno that is not compatable with the Storm. Software Co told me no when I asked for credit towards a future Storm version. My big complaint is I bought it through the shopcrackberry mobile app that (early on esp.) makes it extremely difficult to determine comparability with their simple search and browse features. In disgust over Thanksgiving weekend I deleted the app and won't buy anything else here in protest.
    12-21-08 12:09 AM
    so if I turn off the compatability you think thats gonna help?
    12-21-08 12:10 AM
    initially when i DL the app it wanted to change some of the permissions but I left them all on ALLOW. what do I need to switch.
    12-21-08 12:12 AM
    i am assuming you used your card, file the charge as unauthorised or fraud & your CC/debit card company will investigate & probably refund it.
    thats absolutely despicable to do to a legitimate business. He bought something without reading its complete compatibility.
    12-21-08 12:14 AM
    thats absolutely despicable to do to a legitimate business. He bought something without reading its complete compatibility.
    No it's not. It's very bad business that his 2 emails have not been answered. The correct thing to do is submit a charge back through your CC company, based on the fact that you purchased an item that does not work on your phone, and have received NO support from it's manufacturer/author.
    Blaming the consumer is one of the worst things you can do in business.
    12-21-08 06:56 AM
    That would be fraud. There's a difference in buying something without paying attention to whether it will work in your situation and paying for something and getting something else entirely. The company gets charged more for chargebacks so you're basically screwing them because he bought something without seeing if it works or not.

To the OP, it's the holidays and there's no telling what their normal response time is like anyway. Give them a few days and see if they respond. Most companies would work with you since it was a mistake.
    12-21-08 07:42 AM
    so if I turn off the compatability you think thats gonna help?
    No, I think Verizon has crippled the GPS.
    12-22-08 11:27 PM
    Its your own damn fault, you are like those people that buy the console boxes on ebay and think they are actual game systems because you are to incompetent to read everything.

Stop whining to these forums, its not our problem.
    12-22-08 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD