Hey guys,

I'm not sure if anyone will find this useful but after running loader.exe and having it do all the steps required to update the OS I was able to run apps off the media card. I'm 100% positive it was off the media card because blackberry app world showed I had 120MB free when I had about 100 prior to the update. Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit- I'm also certain it was off the media card because when looking at the media card in mass storage mode I was able to view a folder with the apps and app info in them.

Note I deleted the apps because my silly self thought that archiving apps was essentially the same thing, boy was I wrong. :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Ramwill; 02-13-10 at 01:53 AM.
    02-13-10 01:51 AM
    The way I understand it you cannot run apps off the media card in any BB. The closest they had to this was a program called Aerize Card Loader which would allow you to archive apps to the media card and then them load at will. This program is not compatible with the 9700.

02-13-10 04:57 AM
    Hey guys,

I'm not sure if anyone will find this useful but after running loader.exe and having it do all the steps required to update the OS I was able to run apps off the media card. I'm 100% positive it was off the media card because blackberry app world showed I had 120MB free when I had about 100 prior to the update. Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit- I'm also certain it was off the media card because when looking at the media card in mass storage mode I was able to view a folder with the apps and app info in them.

Note I deleted the apps because my silly self thought that archiving apps was essentially the same thing, boy was I wrong. :/

I am afraid you are wrong.
    02-13-10 06:58 AM
    you cant install apps on the media card this isn't possible sorry
    02-13-10 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD