Hello All,

I seem to have a problem upgrading my Torch 9800 to Hybrid OSs. So far I've attempted installing 2 hybrids of which are - BerryLicious (failed) & Raikkohad's (currently still failed).

Of course, I did every little thing that have been mentioned in the guideline. deleting vendor.xml won't do.. loading via vnBButils won't do... apploader also could not do the trick... and the list goes on...

however it's still able to detect my device, the only problem is that the hybrid is not detected...

when with berrylicious, everything went fine when I loaded it into my 9780. but the apploader won't be able to detect it for my torch 9800....

any suggestions? cos i'm sick of trying over & over again but nothing seems to be resolved...

(thousand apologies if this is not the first post ranting on this...)
    02-10-12 12:31 PM
    Most likely cause is a hidden vendor.xml file. Try this.
    02-10-12 05:44 PM
    Most likely cause is a hidden vendor.xml file. Try this.
    Never knew that there was something like that ever existed.... in the thread being suggested they also mentioned some kind of "deleting loader.xml", is there such thing - deleting loader.xml?

02-10-12 07:28 PM
    Only thing that needs deleted is vendor.xml, anywhere it is. I've never heard of deleting loader.xml in all my years messing with BlackBerries. Did you try the program and still not upgrade?
    02-10-12 07:42 PM
    Only thing that needs deleted is vendor.xml, anywhere it is. I've never heard of deleting loader.xml in all my years messing with BlackBerries. Did you try the program and still not upgrade?
    yep, me too. never heard of it. all i know is take out vendor.xml away & everything will be fine. but i'll have to wait until tonight to try out the remover, bcause the torch now is my main phone. everything that requires removing the data & apps (which of course takes a while) to me, should be done at the time when there's no one wants to call or sms you...
    02-10-12 07:52 PM
    I hear ya. Usually I start mine just before hitting the sack for the night. Might want to try http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...0121-a-690690/ or the latest from wu-wei next run. No silly installer crap, and all his hybrids have run fantastic.
    02-10-12 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD