I have used an HTC G1 for the past 3 months and like it. But I am no longer out of the office and now stuck in front of a computer. I decided to turn off my data plan and try some other phones. I bought an HTC Dash, and the BB 8900. I love the 8900 but I cant get the Google Calendar on it over WIFI. The Dash and G1 will both sync with my calendar over WIFI but not the 8900... I want to keep the 8900 but I need this calendar for work. I have a computer at work and wifi at home so the data plan is no loner needed. I searched through the other posts/threads and around the web and cant find a way to do it. Im not trying to get facebook or email just the Google Calendar and my contacts. So are there any of you cool, hacker guys out there that can help me. Thanks
    09-17-09 01:10 AM
    For some of the apps data needs to be activated to unlock it. When I first got my phone I had no data plan. I decided to give it a try and I am even more of a crackberry addict. Gps, aim, blackberry messenger, ym, and many other apps unlocked. Give data a try, it will activate all the apps u need. If u don't like it u can always cancel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 02:36 AM
    why get a data plan? All you need is a video camera and voice calls. Who needs a data plan?

09-17-09 04:46 AM
    So if I turn on the data plan and activate the Google Calendar Sync, will Google sync work for me if I turn it off after? I really dont see giving tmobile the money if I dont use the service. Comparing all 3 phones (G1, DASH, and BB 8900) the BB feels the best to me. But without the Google Calendar option I feel like I should get rid of it. As much as I want to keep the BB, it seems the only wasy to use the Google Calendar is to give into the DATA plan. Does anyone know a way around it? Thanks again and please help, I really want to keep this BB.
    09-17-09 12:01 PM
    You don't necisaryly(sp) need a data plan but u will most likely need a blackberry internet service switched on I'm with orange uk I turned my data off and data was included in my bis so I could remove data and still use it and recive cheaper bills. Plus bis was free.

09-17-09 01:03 PM
    I dont know how to get Blackberry internet service... But if I turn on the data plan for a day to activate my GMAIL and calendar then turn it off, will it work over wifi to sync? Thanks Again
    09-17-09 02:04 PM
    Since it doesn't work over wifi, if you activate data to use it then later deactivate data it will most likely no longer work.

09-17-09 02:40 PM
    thanks for the answer... Sad to say, I gotta go back to the HTC DASH, and that trackball and the software is so cool on the BB.
    09-17-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD