so today for no apparent reason, my BB just have hour glass... it keeps running hour glass, can't do anything about it.

of course, the quick solution is battery pull, but i m trying to see what's going on. Within an hour, my battery from 90% full to 20% full, I see it from battery indicator, that means an app is running, but I can't terminate it because i m on the lock screen.

I tried to unlock it, can't even enter password since the screen freeze...

again, i know i can battery pull, but if i don't want to do that, how do I kill app? like in windows, anytime it freeze, you can ctrl-alt-del and go to task manager to kill app that takes the most resources, whether it's CPU or RAM
    11-27-11 10:38 PM
    In an app, press menu and then close. If you hold down the blackberry button, you can see what apps are running in the background.
    11-27-11 10:45 PM
    so today for no apparent reason, my BB just have hour glass... it keeps running hour glass, can't do anything about it.

of course, the quick solution is battery pull, but i m trying to see what's going on. Within an hour, my battery from 90% full to 20% full, I see it from battery indicator, that means an app is running, but I can't terminate it because i m on the lock screen.

I tried to unlock it, can't even enter password since the screen freeze...

again, i know i can battery pull, but if i don't want to do that, how do I kill app? like in windows, anytime it freeze, you can ctrl-alt-del and go to task manager to kill app that takes the most resources, whether it's CPU or RAM
    A battery pull is most likely going to be your solution since you're stuck on the lock screen. After it boots up check error logs by holding the alt key while typing lglg when you're on the home page.
    11-28-11 12:51 AM
    How do I check out the error logs? All I got after alt lglg was a list of event. I scrolled all the way to the bottom and don't see anything suspicious.
    11-28-11 03:21 AM
    How do I check out the error logs? All I got after alt lglg was a list of event. I scrolled all the way to the bottom and don't see anything suspicious.
    Look for anything in bold and with the letter E out front for severity. Or a W.
    11-28-11 03:35 AM
    You did a batt. Pull? I'm asking cause you sounded like you wasn't ready to go that route. Anyway click on any enter that is started with an "E" or "W". It will tell ya what the problem was and time. Might shed alittle more light for ya.
    11-28-11 08:44 AM
    The battery finally drained by itself, so last night I had to charge it. Upon charging, I went alt lglg all the way to the bottom of the message but the time it resets (21:50) and the time of the last log (23:00), so I couldn't find it. Apparently it's already erased, but my phone occasionally doing this (an app is running on the background that cause the phones to freeze and drained the battery), so I will keep an eye on it

the thing is I don't have apps on my phones, at all. The only 3rd party non native (the one that don't come with the installation package) are google map, RIM Facebook app, Shazam (free from the RIM giveaway), that's it. Not sure what keeps doing this on my phone occasionally, that's why I want to find out.

When I installed new package, I didn't do backup, instead I installed fresh, then I restored just my BBM contacts (from email backup) and address book. The rest, I rearrange myself including options and WIFI, but I still have this problem.

Any idea?
    11-28-11 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD