Anyone know of any app or website that will enable you to watch world cup games for free? or are we pretty much stuck to paying vzw moblie tv to watch it?
    05-26-10 03:12 PM
    Bbc iplayer will show their match online/mobile free

Don't know if it works outside the UK

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 01:51 AM
    Bbc iplayer will show their match online/mobile free

Don't know if it works outside the UK

The iplayer definitely won't work outside the UK due to license fee.
    05-27-10 02:19 AM
    Someone must broadcast for free, its the world cup
    A free to view event

Google search?
    Fifa website?
    Who is covering games in your country?

05-27-10 04:25 AM
    Both the BBC and ITV are showing all the games live online, but the sites are encoded using Flash which BB can't view, so it will need a specific app to view the games!

05-27-10 04:32 AM
    if you're on sprint or rogers, you can watch it on your phone

Watch the 2010 World Cup on your cellphone Boy Genius Report
    06-07-10 12:11 AM
    well if you hve at&t watch it for free on the at&t video thing (not sure what its called my carrier is verizon) and depending on what phone you hve u can watch it here footyfire.com close out all the ads then click on the channels on the bottom to see which one is the clearest hd material
    06-14-10 07:56 PM
    wont work on the bb, but espn3.com will work if you are a comcast or verizon fios customer.
    06-14-10 08:38 PM
    google tv catch up mobile, ive got a decent site that works on mobile, says catch up but its live tele
    06-15-10 02:11 AM
    This isn't for watching it...only listening. But better than nothing, eh? Posted in another thread:

I figured out how to stream the World Cup games over ESPN radio on my Berry.

I found the URLs for the games. It appears they have 2 that they switch around depending on the game. That is probably why it was working for the first poster but no longer is.

The stations are:
    provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/worldcup1aac.pls
    provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/worldcup2aac.pls

I have added them to youmuze.fm as World Cup 1 Test and World Cup 2 Test, respectively.

Signup for youmuze.fm. Then browse to m.youmuze.fm on your BB, find one of those stations and it will open them up in your media player. After that you are done, enjoy the match!
    06-15-10 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD