11-03-10 10:04 AM
146 ... 456
tools
    I'll have to try this. I'm running the trial version of "Beejive" for the next 20 days. I'll give this a try before I consider buying Beejive.

Thanks for the information.
    11-07-08 09:00 PM
    Thank you and this worked on my BOLD and now I'm about to do it for my wife's Curve.
    11-08-08 08:47 AM
    First, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. This is awesome.

Next, some feedback about what happened to me. It didn't want to cooperate until I skipped the step:

- Load your own backup back to the device.

(I followed everything else exactly - read:BACKUP FIRST

It finally *clicked* in my head and I realized that I was overwriting the Yahoo servicebook when I was restoring my backup file back to the bb. Once I stopped doing that, it worked like a charm.

Also, the link for the Yahoo servicebook doesn't seem to want to work in Firefox 3.0.3. I kept getting "This user is not allowed to use direct links." when I clicked on the download link. I opened IE to download it and it worked fine. I went back and tested it in an IE tab for Firefox and it worked there too. Hopefully, this will help for anyone using Firefox 3.x

Again, many thanks for this!
    11-08-08 11:14 PM
    Well I will have to check this out when I get home. I hope that I remember about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 11:21 PM
    GoDJ & others who have contributed to this thread - THANK YOU

Simple and worked as advertised. Thanks for taking the time to post this

BC
    11-10-08 02:01 PM
    does anyone have the file for yahoo.. it wont let me download it...
    11-15-08 04:56 PM
    I installed the yahoo service book,but after that I cannot connect to the internet, even jivetallk
    I can't log in,do you think there's something wrong with what I did?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 01:57 PM
    I hope everyone is aware that AT&T now supports yahoo messenger and others. The service books were sent out last week. This thread is now old news
    11-17-08 07:26 PM
    Thank you. Very helpful thread!
    I got my Blackberry Bold today from AT&T but Yahoo Messenger service was still not available after installing the software. Steps I followed to fix:
    1. Downloaded the service book mentioned in GoDJ's original post.
    2. Replaced just the service book by using Dekstop Manager > Backup & Restore > Advanced.
    Last edited by MobileDad; 11-26-08 at 09:04 PM.
    11-26-08 09:01 PM
    [QUOTE=GoDJ;46808]Info:
    This info was compiled by numerous sources from across the web. It was my goal to simplify the instructions to help AT&T users download, install, and use Yahoo Instant Messenger 2.0

What about T-Mobile users? My device has the same error message "service not enabled for this handheld" I have TMobile.
    First it told me that I had to download the software, so I did and now the message is "service not enabled for this handheld". Anyone know how I can fix it?

Thank You!!!
    12-02-08 10:17 PM
    when i go to my email set up...i do not have the option to create or add an email account....i have to either "use a work email issued by someone" or "skip this" so i guess i'm kinda screwed...unless there is something else i'm not doing...
    12-23-08 01:20 AM
    thanks
    :P
    12-30-08 06:12 AM
    Hi, I get your file and restore. But nothing in Host routing table. So I can't register. I use BB8320 T-Mobile!

Sorry for my english!
    05-15-09 11:39 PM
    I have a BB7130e full flashed to Crickety with MMS/WAP. I don't want to overwrite my current service book with the Yahoo one. As I need my current settings. Is there a way to add to the service books I already have? I have no entries in my HRT. Any way to fix that? Thanks!
    05-18-09 06:02 PM
    Ok, I am based in UAE. A lot of Blackberry have Yahoo messenger on them, but when i purchased Strom, it did not come with yahoo. I have read most of your post and am still not been able to start yahoo on it. yes, my storm does not have the service book, but I believe i am BES so

1) Can't highlight the service book on the advance options in Desktop Manager
    2) Don't have a login on Etisalat (Local Service Provider for BB), so can't resend the service book.

Can anyone help?
    10-01-09 08:29 AM
    I Just finished the process Works like a charm. Thanks a lot all of you for this excellent post
    10-01-09 10:42 AM
    how can i get this to work with the 7100i nextel blackberry bc it's not working for me
    11-08-09 10:52 PM
    hello,
    i have problem with my yahoo messenger....service is not enabled ...i have a unlock t moblie and i am using fido sim ...no data plan

please advise
    01-08-10 07:08 PM
    wow, thank you so much! I have been sitting at my pc for 5 hours solid trying to get this to work! finally got it1
    02-18-10 07:23 PM
    Having read througha few of the threads (and I may have missed this) why is this not working on the 9700 in the first place???
    09-17-10 12:22 PM
    I followed all the instructions until the part that said logon to BB and resend the file. I am not sure how to do that. could you please help? I have AT&T service.
    11-03-10 10:04 AM
146 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD