i would like to know how to take off the AOL on my BB tour , like i wanna sign my email out and basically delete the AOL icon and delete it permanently ... thanks guys

10-20-09 10:06 PM
    Is it something you installed I assume? If so, the way to delete application is to go to "options" and then "Advanced" and the "Applications", scroll to the AOL app, highlight, use your menu key, and scroll to delete.

If it was pushed, you can delete it in your BIS account.
    10-20-09 10:08 PM
    Oops, my mistake, I assumed it was something that you had as an email account and wanted to get rid of, not just the icon.
    10-20-09 10:09 PM
    Did you add the AOL email account to the phone? If so, simply go to your email settings and delete the account. If you didn't and it's just there thanks to Verizon's pre-installed garbage, go in and delete the service books. However, every time you do a battery pull or reboot the device, it will reappear and you will need to delete the service books again.
    10-20-09 10:09 PM
    Did you add the AOL email account to the phone? If so, simply go to your email settings and delete the account. If you didn't and it's just there thanks to Verizon's pre-installed garbage, go in and delete the service books. However, every time you do a battery pull or reboot the device, it will reappear and you will need to delete the service books again.

how do you delete it ? can you type a tut ?thanks jenay
    10-20-09 10:12 PM
    how do you delete it ? can you type a tut ?thanks jenay
    No sweat.

Ah, so it is an account you added. Perfect. Simply go to your email settings icon. Once you click this, it should display a list of active email accounts you have added to the device. The options to Edit or Delete should be readily available. Simply select delete. Voila.
    10-20-09 10:15 PM
    Is it something you installed I assume? If so, the way to delete application is to go to "options" and then "Advanced" and the "Applications", scroll to the AOL app, highlight, use your menu key, and scroll to delete.

If it was pushed, you can delete it in your BIS account.

how do you go and what is your BIS account ? sorry about the noob questions .. but thanks !
    10-20-09 10:15 PM
    10-20-09 10:16 PM
    what is ESM/MEID ?
    10-20-09 10:17 PM
    he's all yours jenay
    10-20-09 10:21 PM
    No sweat.

Ah, so it is an account you added. Perfect. Simply go to your email settings icon. Once you click this, it should display a list of active email accounts you have added to the device. The options to Edit or Delete should be readily available. Simply select delete. Voila.

what email settings icon ? my AOL one right ?
    10-20-09 10:24 PM
    he's all yours jenay
    Lol. Gee thanks, TS.

ESN = Electronic Serial Number. Basically the number which identifies your unique device.

MEID = Mobile Equipment Identifier.

Do you know where to find these???
    10-20-09 10:24 PM
    what email settings icon ? my AOL one right ?
    No. This will be a generic icon. It will be in your settings folder. The settings folder should have an icon that looks like a little green sunshine.
    10-20-09 10:26 PM
    Lol. Gee thanks, TS.

ESN = Electronic Serial Number. Basically the number which identifies your unique device.

MEID = Mobile Equipment Identifier.

Do you know where to find these???

Nope - lol , i do not know where to find these
    10-20-09 10:26 PM
    No. This will be a generic icon. It will be in your settings folder. The settings folder should have an icon that looks like a little green sunshine.

it just gives me an option to create a new account and log in an existing account
    10-20-09 10:27 PM
    Nope - lol , i do not know where to find these
    Didn't think so.

You will need to pull the battery out of your device. These numbers are on the phone itself.

Where are you being asked for this information? If you are simply deleting an email account, you don't need this. Don't login to your BIS site - this is too much hassle. Go to your email settings icon as I said.
    10-20-09 10:27 PM
    it just gives me an option to create a new account and log in an existing account
    Ok, well, let me ask you this then: When you first got the phone, did you add your personal AOL account to the device? Or was this pre-existing?
    10-20-09 10:28 PM
    i added my personal one .
    10-20-09 10:33 PM
    Didn't think so.

You will need to pull the battery out of your device. These numbers are on the phone itself.

Where are you being asked for this information? If you are simply deleting an email account, you don't need this. Don't login to your BIS site - this is too much hassle. Go to your email settings icon as I said.
    i dont think i have a BIS account anyway ? do i need one ?
    10-20-09 10:33 PM
    i added my personal one .
    Hmm. When you go into your email settings icon, it should list the active accounts. Tell me exactly what steps you are taking.
    10-20-09 10:35 PM
    wait

now it came up

it says new users Create a new acc

and then it says existing users

write back and ill talk to you tomorrow ok ?
    10-20-09 10:39 PM
    wait.....what does "ttyt" mean?
    10-20-09 10:39 PM
    it means talk to you tomorrow?? You have a senior member giving you live help and you bail??? lol

This is my facebook's "CB Thread of the Day"!
    10-20-09 10:40 PM
    lol it means - talk to you tomorrow
    10-20-09 10:40 PM
    it means talk to you tomorrow?? You have a senior member giving you live help and you bail??? lol

This is my facebook's "CB Thread of the Day"!
    Hahaha thanks TS.

OP - I can't assure you that I will be awaiting your continued post manana, but I'll do what I can. Good luck.
    10-20-09 10:41 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD