I haven't heard anything lately about this app. Used to be hundreds of posts every day. I have a storm 2 9550 running .713 OS and want to re-download this app. I had many problems with it in the past and wanted to know if it's worth upgrading so I can get the latest version. It's only $1 but if it doesn't work well I don't want to waste my time. All opinions are welcome. Thanks.
    09-21-10 07:05 AM
    I actually released a new version today. It's the most stable build to date and should have the best battery life out of all the previous builds.
    09-23-10 09:20 PM
    I have the paid version, still get the keyboard pop up occasionally, which is a pain but I don't find it happens that often so I live with it.

Will try and find this new new version though.
    09-24-10 04:22 AM
    Its nice to see DMG back in the game. Version 5.5 runs real smooth. I will have to run it for a few days to see how the battery life is.
    09-24-10 08:43 AM
    Just installed this new version, 5.5. However I don't see the option to start the app when pressing lock button.

Which makes the app useless for me.
    09-24-10 11:40 AM
    Just installed this new version, 5.5. However I don't see the option to start the app when pressing lock button.

Which makes the app useless for me.
    Same here. Really would like for it to activate with lock button like the last version. How can I revert to last version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 12:45 PM
    This version drained my batter overnight. All I did was install it, rebooted, set it up and went from 1.5% night time drain to 6.6% and the slider text was scrolling at a million miles an hour. I was so looking forward to being able to us SS again but back to my other lock program.This version drained my batter overnight. All I did was install it, rebooted, set it up and went from 1.5% night time drain to 6.6% and the slider text was scrolling at a million miles an hour. I was so looking forward to being able to us SS again but back to my other lock program.
    09-26-10 01:48 PM
    hey petworks, dont waste your time or money! when it was first released it did what it needed to do but now its a POS! the more it offers, the more it messes up. maybe its just me but during and after a call it doesnt lock like its supposed to. as for the upgraded version its basically still the same, still a POS! my permissions are "set" correctly. save yourself a buck!
    09-29-10 11:44 AM
    Any chance you'll release another version where you can launch it with the LOCK button again?

I actually released a new version today. It's the most stable build to date and should have the best battery life out of all the previous builds.
    09-29-10 12:56 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that this app still sucks. I loved it in the beginning. All I really want is an app that will lock the phone when the screen dims out. I don't mind using the unlock button to unlock.
    09-29-10 01:38 PM
    dunno what version YOU guys are using, but the stormslider i have locks when i press the lock button. If you set your phone to dim as soon as you lock it it will lock the phone via slider IF you also set it to lock as soon as your phone dims. Dunno how you people dont have this working right, i've had this and ultimate lock both working like PEAS AND CARRTOS haha..nah, but i like it...its simple
    09-30-10 12:51 AM
    Actually let me rephrase what I said earlier. It DOES work on dim(10) seconds after 75% of the time and yes, it DOES work 100% of the time after I push the lock button. However on calls, before and after it doesn't work. The only way I get it to work is to hold the BB button then select the stormslider icon. For some reason after a call it runs in the background but doesn't initiate. If I had to do it over and purchase the thing I wouldn't. I don't even know how I got suckered into upgrading. So if you wanna unlock somebodys phone with SS just call it then you'll get full access.

09-30-10 01:34 AM
    Is there a link available to the free version?
    10-01-10 08:31 PM
    Is there a link available to the free version?
    Never mind. I found it.
    10-02-10 05:20 PM
    Any chance you'll release another version where you can launch it with the LOCK button again?
    This is currently being worked on. It once worked just, but that way of doing it no longer works. I found a way to do it but it only works 50% of the time. Once I get it working 100% of the time I will add it back to the app. Sorry about that, RIM changes their OS from time to time and it sometimes hurts the developers. This was one of those times.
    10-03-10 02:46 AM
    Hey I just downloaded the upgrade and it doesn't make the click noise anymore. And yes I deleated the previous version and rebooted but still no click. Anyone got a suggestion?

Thanks

10-03-10 02:55 PM
    All versions will display the QL menu after taking it out of my holster (50% of the time). When receiving a call, you're able to answer and after you end the call, phone is wide open. Often I find SS running in the BG and it didn't lock my phone. :shrugs:
    Last edited by III 4U2NV III; 10-07-10 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Corrected
    10-05-10 06:28 PM
    I can't believe that this app is so f**cked up. I really liked it when it first came out. All I really want is an app that will lock the phone when the screen dims out. I don't care about the bells and whistles.
    10-05-10 10:02 PM
    I can't believe that this app is so f**cked up. I really liked it when it first came out. All I really want is an app that will lock the phone when the screen dims out. I don't care about the bells and whistles.
    Agreed, I just want SS to securely lock my phone and that's it. Don't care about the weather or anything else.
    10-06-10 09:49 AM
    This is currently being worked on. It once worked just, but that way of doing it no longer works. I found a way to do it but it only works 50% of the time. Once I get it working 100% of the time I will add it back to the app. Sorry about that, RIM changes their OS from time to time and it sometimes hurts the developers. This was one of those times.
    Thank you! I appreciate you working to get this feature functioning again. Keep us posted!

Main reason I like the feature is I don't necessarily want my phone locking right when the screen dims. Sucks when you're texting and waiting for reply and you have to unlock it every time. I had mine set to 5 minutes, but liked the instant lock of SS with the LOCK button.
    10-13-10 09:51 AM
    I've been using this app since it first came out for the 9530. Now with the 9550 it has its bugs but apps do. I just updated to 5.5 and it works great. Yes the clicking noise is gone but sometimes its better without it. Hitting the lock/power button on the top of the phone initiates the app for me. Not sure why others are having a problem. I have my settings to initiate once it dims and with the lock button.

My only question is before the update the app was labeled as stormslider now its under berryslider is there a reason why?

10-18-10 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD