A new app link -Bubble Bash Demo - was pushed to my 9700 a couple days ago. There is no way to delete it, and apparently the only options I have are either hide it, download it or leave it there.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can set up my device such that links and apps won't be pushed to me without my consensus. Any help is appreciated.

I contacted my service provider, and they said RIM did it. Does anyone know if there is an official blackberry link where I can let them know this is not OK?

Any help is appreciated.
    03-31-10 07:10 PM
    They are pushed by your phone carrier. You can't stop it. The best you can do is to just hide the icons and forget about them.
    03-31-10 07:20 PM
    You have three options...
    1. Do what Motorcycle Mama said
    2. Cancel your account and not have a wireless service provider
    3. Look at one of the hundreds, if not thousands, of threads on the same issue and read what others have done.
    03-31-10 07:38 PM
    All of the carriers do it, there's nothing you can do about it. As the previous post says, hide them and forget about them. You can technically delete the service books which will get rid of them, but they will just reappear the next time they push the service books to you. Easier to hide them once than delete them over and over again.

The good news is that they are links and not actual files so they take up essentially no memory.
    03-31-10 07:41 PM
    This is ridiculous.
    People should complain to their service providers about it. I've already done that. In fact, if they're just going to keep doing that. This will be my last contract with Rogers and probably the last data plan ever. It's not like I need it anyways. After all being able to say no is the minimum right of a customer.
    03-31-10 07:57 PM
    It's probably in the small print of your service agreement that you allow them to push things to the device. It's really much ado about nothing. Just hide them. They don't cause any problems.
    03-31-10 08:45 PM
    This is ridiculous.
    People should complain to their service providers about it. I've already done that. In fact, if they're just going to keep doing that. This will be my last contract with Rogers and probably the last data plan ever. It's not like I need it anyways. After all being able to say no is the minimum right of a customer.
    Lol, yes leave Rogers and go to Telus or bell... Cause they don't push anything to your device.. Lol, ALL CARRIERS DO!!! A month or two ago in was in the blogs that Telus pushed out Zoompass.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 09:41 PM
    After all being able to say no is the minimum right of a customer.
    lol, just like what has been said, you agreed to it when you signed the contract. So you don't have a right to say no, you can always cancel your contact though.
    03-31-10 09:48 PM
    well, i can still terminate the data plan and just use wifi. besides, i only get this phone for fun. after having a smart phone once, i dont really care anymore.
    04-01-10 12:04 AM
    You'd have to check with Rogers on that. All carriers are different.
    As an aside, I am somewhat amazed that you would somewhat cripple your phone
    because of some inconsequential icons. They are not apps they just make it easier
    to install them if you wish.
    04-01-10 12:11 AM
    Be sure to check this thread out before you cripple your phone.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/bla...se-wifi-29376/
    04-01-10 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD