Just like the title says, how do I make my berry buzz settings different for different profiles. I have a profile for at night and don't want the LED to flash at all. Even when I have all the berry buzz settings and normal bb notifications set to no LED notification it still flashes. Suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 08:53 AM
    the short answer that directly answers your question is: you can't. BerryBuzz, due to what I believe is a limitation in the OS, does not know which profile you have active. It also overrides the settings, so even though you have your LED set to none, BerryBuzz takes over.

BUT...

there is a way around this. In BerryBuzz, at the bottom, go to settings. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see "Mute LED and reminders during:" check the days you want, and set the time you want BerryBuzz off. The LED will not flash during those times, nor will it audibly remind you of reminder alerts.

but again, it doesn't know what profile you're in, so it will do that across all profiles.

hope this helps.
    03-24-10 09:20 AM
    Or you could just turn off LED while in bedside mode. Open your clock, hit the bb menu button and go to options. Go down to the section titled "bedside mode" and there are a few options, including the one to turn off LED. You can even have it activate your "night" profile. The only thing you have to is activate bedside mode within the clock each night. This is what I do and it works out perfectly.
    Last edited by jabbs1; 03-24-10 at 11:05 AM.
    03-24-10 10:59 AM
    As the others have mentioned, there isn't a way to tie the BerryBuzz LED notifications to the Profiles in the way that you'd like, BUT, you can mute the LED at night.

The easiest way is muting the LED in Bedside Mode as Jabbs1 said, but there is also another alternative.

In BerryBuzz's Settings, there is a "Mute LED and Reminders During" section. There you can tick on days of the week, and as soon as you tick on one or more of those days, you can set your times (e.g. 12 AM to 6 AM) there for the day selected.

This is in BerryBuzz version 2.2.11, not sure about 1.x versions.
    03-24-10 11:07 AM
    As the others have mentioned, there isn't a way to tie the BerryBuzz LED notifications to the Profiles in the way that you'd like, BUT, you can mute the LED at night.

The easiest way is muting the LED in Bedside Mode as Jabbs1 said, but there is also another alternative.

In BerryBuzz's Settings, there is a "Mute LED and Reminders During" section. There you can tick on days of the week, and as soon as you tick on one or more of those days, you can set your times (e.g. 12 AM to 6 AM) there for the day selected.

This is in BerryBuzz version 2.2.11, not sure about 1.x versions.
    greggov did mention this, but I was not aware you could actually set time periods until now I thought you could only check off days you wanted it inactive. I would suggest trying out bedside mode though. It's a great feature.
    03-24-10 11:12 AM
    Or you could just turn off LED while in bedside mode. Open your clock, hit the bb menu button and go to options. Go down to the section titled "bedside mode" and there are a few options, including the one to turn off LED. You can even have it activate your "night" profile. The only thing you have to is activate bedside mode within the clock each night. This is what I do and it works out perfectly.
    I'm just wondering if Bedside mode use up the battery fast...
    03-24-10 02:38 PM
    I'm just wondering if Bedside mode use up the battery fast...
    It's just a setting that changes a bunch of things all at once (profile, led, etc) while active. It is not going to cause a change in battery life.
    03-24-10 03:46 PM
    It's just a setting that changes a bunch of things all at once (profile, led, etc) while active. It is not going to cause a change in battery life.
    i see, thanks!
    03-24-10 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD