04-17-10 09:14 AM
46 12
tools
    This refers to the FREE apps that you download via Blackberry App World. Now they are stored in your "BlackBerry\app_world\downloads\PIN" folder on your device storage.

Now anytime I used to upgrade the OS, be it leaked, or hybrid, the first time you get back into Blackberry App World, and go to My World, you will notice all your apps are missing. I used to be able to just have the keyboard show up and then hit the 3 4 ( and all the sudden it seems like App world freezes, shuts down, then when you go back into App world and back to My world, all your apps are there now since it goes to your stored apps and reloads that my world.

Ive noticed since updating to .607 the whole 3 4 ( doesnt work anymore. How do I get these apps to show up in my world without having to reload (which also causes a re-installation) when they are already on your device storage in the path I listed above. Main reason is if My world dont know its there then any updates that come for those apps wont be reported.

Thanks
    Dixit
    04-08-10 10:03 PM
    Well I guess I got it to work. For some reason it doesnt work if I hold the 123 key which locks then hit the 34(. Which is what I always used to do and it worked.

This time I held the 123 key down with one finger and then hit 34( with the other and it worked.

Dixit
    04-08-10 10:42 PM
    I am sort of confused. Are you talking about reloading your apps from App World after installing a new OS? Are you not saving them so you can reload them while the new OS installs?
    04-08-10 10:59 PM
    Maybe I wasnt clear. When you update your OS and go back into Blackberry App World, then go to My World, whatever free apps you downloaded dont show up in that list anymore, yes you still have the apps on your device, but My World has no record of it. So if an update for that app was offered, App World wouldnt not notify you as its not registered in your My World list.

The apps are actually downloaded and stored in the path that I mentioned in my initial post. What you need to do is actually reset App World to get it to read the list of apps you previously downloaded and put it back in the My World list.

Im only talking about free apps. Paid ones should appear once you login with your paypal account.

Dixit
    04-08-10 11:03 PM
    Maybe I wasnt clear. When you update your OS and go back into Blackberry App World, then go to My World, whatever free apps you downloaded dont show up in that list anymore, yes you still have the apps on your device, but My World has no record of it. So if an update for that app was offered, App World wouldnt not notify you as its not registered in your My World list.

The apps are actually downloaded and stored in the path that I mentioned in my initial post. What you need to do is actually reset App World to get it to read the list of apps you previously downloaded and put it back in the My World list.

Im only talking about free apps. Paid ones should appear once you login with your paypal account.

Dixit
    I have this same problem.....ok, so step by step, what do I do for the free apps to come up if you don't mind???

Also, are you having problems reading reviews on App World?
    04-08-10 11:59 PM
    Thanks Dixit! It took a few tries, but I finally got it to work. I knew those files were still on the phone, but could not figure out how to get them back listed in App World.

@AlpineM3 - I get an error and App World closes when I try and read a review.
    Last edited by jf2go; 04-09-10 at 02:57 AM.
    04-09-10 02:54 AM
    This refers to the FREE apps that you download via Blackberry App World. Now they are stored in your "BlackBerry\app_world\downloads\PIN" folder on your device storage.

Now anytime I used to upgrade the OS, be it leaked, or hybrid, the first time you get back into Blackberry App World, and go to My World, you will notice all your apps are missing. I used to be able to just have the keyboard show up and then hit the 3 4 ( and all the sudden it seems like App world freezes, shuts down, then when you go back into App world and back to My world, all your apps are there now since it goes to your stored apps and reloads that my world.

Ive noticed since updating to .607 the whole 3 4 ( doesnt work anymore. How do I get these apps to show up in my world without having to reload (which also causes a re-installation) when they are already on your device storage in the path I listed above. Main reason is if My world dont know its there then any updates that come for those apps wont be reported.

Thanks
    Dixit
    Not sure how you got this to work, followed your instructions but can't get AppWorld to reset. Any pearls or thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike
    04-09-10 06:11 AM
    @Dixit and jf2go, am I doing this right? While viewing the 'my world' section in BB App World, I select 'show keyboard' then hold down the '!?123' key while pressing the '3' key, then the '4' key, then the '(' key. Am I correct? For some reason, this did not work for me (unless I'm doing something incorrectly which is highly possible).

Edit -- this may be irrelevant but style keyboard are you using: full, multitap, etc?

Thx!
    Last edited by divachyk; 04-09-10 at 06:36 AM. Reason: appending message
    04-09-10 06:33 AM
    THANK YOU Dixit!! I was having the same problem since installing .607. Like you, I always used to hold down the 123 key to turn on the num lock, then typed "34(" which no longer works.

To elaborate on Dixit's steps, in My World, show the keyboard. I got his process to work by using the landscape full qwerty keyboard. Holding down the "!?123" key the whole time, click "3" then click "4" then click "(". The tricky part for me was that holding down the "!?123" key made it difficult to click the "4" key because it was so close to the key I was holding down. It took me a bunch of tries to get my thumb that was holding down the "!?123" key far enough over on the key that I was able to successfully click the "4". Having key popups enabled really helped me know which button I was clicking (the "Show Key Indicator" option found under options-Screen/Keyboard options). Once I was able to successfully click all three buttons while holding down the "!?123" key, App World froze for a second and closed. Once I reopened it, all of my free apps were back!!
    Last edited by pezboy; 04-09-10 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Stressed the need to CLICK
    04-09-10 08:08 AM
    Works like a charm! Thanks
    04-09-10 08:26 AM
    Wow! That 4 key is a pisser; but finally got it to work. Thanks.
    04-09-10 09:12 AM
    @ dixit & pezboy....
    Thank you, thank you, thank you...whew! That dern 4 guy was a bit of a challenge but using the 'show key indicator' made it a whole lot easier. Not sure why I didn't know that feature was there before but thanks again, you helped in a number of ways!
    04-09-10 09:46 AM
    Yea this one took awhile to figure out. Ive always held the 123 key till it locked and then just hit 3 key, 4 key, then ( key, and then youd notice the ( key was stuck and then the whole app would shut down. This is how it resets. Then go back in and it would show all your apps. For some reason this .607 you gotta two finger it now. Its a pain and yes the 4 key is tough to get but it works.

As far as AlpineM3, I get that 100002 error when its on WIFI. If I turn off WIFI I can read reviews, makes no sense, but some bug clearly as without WIFI I can read App Reviews, with WIFI on, it just gives that Error Type 10002 and shuts down the app.

Dixit
    04-09-10 10:09 AM
    After several failed attempts, even with the show key turned on and being positive that i got the keys pressed correctly I finally figured it out.....

you only get one go per session!!

If you don't get the sequence perfect first time, and as I and others have seen its not easy, you have to close down Appworld fully and go back in and try again.
    04-09-10 05:39 PM
    Ok. Steveg22 is exactly right. FINALLY after many attempts. I should have read all the way down; but YES this does work. Somebody sticky this.
    04-09-10 06:12 PM
    For those who wondering, the whole 3 4 ( actually represents R S T. So its actually like if you had a physical keyboard you are basically doing an ALT+ R S T. So the 3 4 ( actually means RESET. Thats how you can remember it.

Dixit
    04-09-10 07:40 PM
    THANK YOU Dixit!! I was having the same problem since installing .607. Like you, I always used to hold down the 123 key to turn on the num lock, then typed "34(" which no longer works.

To elaborate on Dixit's steps, in My World, show the keyboard. I got his process to work by using the landscape full qwerty keyboard. Holding down the "!?123" key the whole time, click "3" then click "4" then click "(". The tricky part for me was that holding down the "!?123" key made it difficult to click the "4" key because it was so close to the key I was holding down. It took me a bunch of tries to get my thumb that was holding down the "!?123" key far enough over on the key that I was able to successfully click the "4". Having key popups enabled really helped me know which button I was clicking (the "Show Key Indicator" option found under options-Screen/Keyboard options). Once I was able to successfully click all three buttons while holding down the "!?123" key, App World froze for a second and closed. Once I reopened it, all of my free apps were back!!
    That's cool. Thanks so much! Worked perfectly.
    04-09-10 08:08 PM
    Great find man. Appreciate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 09:52 PM
    That's cool. Thanks so much! Worked perfectly.
    Again Thanks, it worked!
    04-10-10 06:28 AM
    anybody get this too work
    04-10-10 04:42 PM
    anybody get this too work
    There are a bunch of folks on this thread that have said it has worked, so not sure what you asking here.
    04-10-10 05:08 PM
    So do I hold the 123key down whiledoing the 3 then 4 or do I hold it down to shuw numricalkeypad ,let go,then enter 34?
    04-10-10 05:43 PM
    So do I hold the 123key down whiledoing the 3 then 4 or do I hold it down to shuw numricalkeypad ,let go,then enter 34?
    Did you read this thread? Because details steps were provided by Pezboy on post#9.

Its not just the 3 and 4 key, its 3 key, 4 key, and ( key.

The whole reason I posted the initial post was to mention that holding the 123key till it locks and then doing 34( doesnt work anymore.

Dixit
    04-10-10 05:55 PM
    hold I dont get it ..Plz dont flame.. You said its 3 key ,4 key..

So I hold 123, press the number 3 key ,release,then press the number 4 key correct?

If so thats what I stated earlier so I dont know why you corrected me..Thanks?
    04-10-10 06:07 PM
    Did you read post 9? Again Its not just the 3 and 4 key. Its THREE keys. You hold down the 123key (which is known as the ATL key) then hit the "3" key, then hit the "4" key, then hit the "(" key. Then it will reset app world and close down.

34( means RST on the keyboard if you dont press ATL key (on storm2 ATL is the 123 key).

Dixit
    04-10-10 06:09 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD