I installed the pushed slacker and decided it sucked...i deleted it, then removed it from my service books....but every time i plug it into my desktop, a screen from slacker saying its refreshing my stations pops up....how do i get rd of that?
    07-31-09 02:09 AM
    yea thats pissing me off too! haha on the storm it did the same thing...
    07-31-09 04:27 AM
    It's just an icon, the app itself is not installed (like the IM, Facebook & Filcr icons). Just hide the icon.

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 04:48 AM
    It's just an icon, the app itself is not installed (like the IM, Facebook & Filcr icons). Just hide the icon.

~X

I'm sure just the icon is causing that on his desktop to pop up when he plugs the phone in to the computer... *shakes head*

07-31-09 05:41 AM
    You need to look at your media card. There is probably an autorun file that points to a slacker app for automatic caching of stations. Just removing the autorun file will do the trick, but you might as well get rid of the slacker app too

07-31-09 08:18 AM
    I installed the pushed slacker and decided it sucked...
    Let's not waste a perfectly good thread now. Why did it suck? I go back and forth between this and Pandora. Mostly using Slacker for the variety and Pandora in the gym because of it's learning ability.

Is there something else out there? FWIW, I love the trance station on Slacker.
    07-31-09 08:19 AM
    I did install it when it was pushed and didn't like it...mostly because of the comercial after 6 skips...i'll check my medai card and see if anything is on there.
    07-31-09 08:39 AM
    I had this same problem on my 8330. I just dealt with it since i didn't connect to my comp much.

IMO Pandora is better than Slacker
    07-31-09 08:41 AM
    ...mostly because of the comercial after 6 skips...
    Ah, that makes sense. I rarely skip. I like all kinds of music, but I can't dance...so it's a wash.
    07-31-09 08:46 AM
    I think it is due to what's installed on your media card. If you have a Slacker folder there, just delete it, and it should be resolved.

07-31-09 09:49 AM
    i just brought up my media manager on my laptop and there was a slacker folder on my media card so i deleted that and its all gone. I think i might redownload it though cause i want some comedy and pandora doesnt have much
    07-31-09 02:26 PM
    I just paid the $14 for a year ..Unlim skips
    07-31-09 02:28 PM
    I'm sure just the icon is causing that on his desktop to pop up when he plugs the phone in to the computer... *shakes head*

Duh! I should learn how to read! Sorry, I totally messed up missing the fact you installed it. My bad.

If you've deleted the app & it no longer shows in Options/Advanced Options/Applications the just delete the "autorun" & "slacker" files manually.

It created these files for me when I chose to cache a station and they'll keep being created if you install the app again.

Thanks for pointing out my screw-up danoh. But after uninstalling it, I "think" only the icon is pushed to you.

~X

07-31-09 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD