12-23-08 06:05 PM
27 12
tools
    An app where it takes an inventory of your wardrobe and on a daily basis, it coordinates what you have and tells you what to wear according to matching clothing colors and type by utilizing weather app to determine how the weather will be for the day.

Perhaps it works by you taking pics of all your wardrobe or they eventually work out a system where clothes are sold (or downloadable from their site) to work into this application/program.

It would mostly be for those of us too lazy to match our clothes or just people who are straight out color uncoordinated...meaning most of us straight men.
    12-23-08 11:01 AM
    This is possibly one of the dumbest thing I ever read.
    12-23-08 11:04 AM
    Not plausible at all. Way too complicated.
    12-23-08 11:05 AM
    In the year 2029 maybe.

Of course, there will probably still be the issue of insufficient application memory allocation on all RIM handsets even then. I'm hoping to move up to 512MB by then.
    12-23-08 11:06 AM
    lol, ok I concede. *cancels all appointments with supermodels*
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 12-23-08 at 11:22 AM. Reason: language
    12-23-08 11:07 AM
    That is the most hilarious app idea I have ever heard of

Also, when I replied, I got this pop-up add for the Blackberry Storm. Ironic isn't it?
    12-23-08 11:07 AM
    i'll throw myself out there and say i don't think this is such a bad idea. i mean i normally just check the weather, and i'm fairly good at matching. but i woudn't mind it selecting which items are eligible for wear - as a girl i like to sideline garments for a couple weeks before i wear them again, especially to work. then again, maybe the OP and i are both crazy
    12-23-08 11:10 AM
    I used to have something like this...it was my mom...but she became "out-dated" when I was around 10-11.
    12-23-08 11:15 AM
    it's the crazies like us that brought us the telephone, light bulbs...etc... heh heh :P

tho i think ppl will argue my idea is not crazy, just stupid. ha!
    12-23-08 11:16 AM
    "I used to have something like this...it was my mom...but she became "out-dated" when I was around 10-11. "

LOL! Well maybe that's what it can be called - the "MOM" application. lol
    12-23-08 11:18 AM
    My system is much easier.
    I have 3 piles 1 dirty 1 clean, and 1 if I had to.
    You just keep taking off the top.
    DONE......
    Divorced if you couldn't tell.
    12-23-08 11:18 AM
    An app where it takes an inventory of your wardrobe and on a daily basis, it coordinates what you have and tells you what to wear according to matching clothing colors and type by utilizing weather app to determine how the weather will be for the day.

Perhaps it works by you taking pics of all your wardrobe or they eventually work out a system where clothes are sold (or downloadable from their site) to work into this application/program.

It would mostly be for those of us too lazy to match our clothes or just people who are straight out color uncoordinated...meaning most of us straight men.

I have an app like this already, but it isn't on my Blackberry. It's my wife. I quite buying clothes and picking out what to wear right after I got married (except for on game day). Is it mildly pathetic? Maybe, but what do I care, I probably look a lot better with her dressing me than if I tried to do it myself.
    12-23-08 11:19 AM
    Virtual Garanimals?
    12-23-08 11:20 AM
    I have an app like this already, but it isn't on my Blackberry. It's my wife. I quite buying clothes and picking out what to wear right after I got married (except for on game day). Is it mildly pathetic? Maybe, but what do I care, I probably look a lot better with her dressing me than if I tried to do it myself.
    I guess it's better then mommy still dressing you. Wait.....
    12-23-08 11:21 AM
    I actually LOVE this idea. Wonder what it would take to implement it? Hmmmm.
    12-23-08 11:24 AM

My IQ just dropped severely by reading this.

Question, how many times a day do you tweeze your eyebrows?
    12-23-08 11:24 AM
    This is what I have my wife for!
    12-23-08 11:25 AM
    The app would also have consider things like not wearing white after labor day. And different color schemes based on the nearest holiday season.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 11:31 AM
    Yes. That would be MOM v.2.05.
    12-23-08 11:34 AM
    Don't forget that the acceptable color pallet changes from year-to-year also, haha.

In seriousness, it isn't a stupid idea. I forget about a lot of clothes that get pushed to the back of my closet. An app like that would be a nice reminder.

I do, however, think that it would be an application better suited and developed for a computer.
    12-23-08 11:35 AM
    Don't forget that the acceptable color pallet changes from year-to-year also, haha.

In seriousness, it isn't a stupid idea. I forget about a lot of clothes that get pushed to the back of my closet. An app like that would be a nice reminder.

I do, however, think that it would be an application better suited and developed for a computer.
    Yeah, might be better suited for PC...

How bout you tell the application when and where you're going on vacation and it suggest what clothes to pack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 11:39 AM
    Finally, some people are seeing the potential for such a program instead of mindlessly disregarding it, although I can't blame them as I probably would have done so myself, haha.

It's just I always hear people saying "I have nothing to wear" or "What should I wear?". Well, how about a program that actually answers you when you have this dilemma? You can set it to casual, business, or like homer simpson's make-up shotgun - "wh-re", etc. Even if you don't agree with what the program suggests, at least you can see what the options are. Perhaps even have a model of you in it and it dresses you up in different clothing to see how you'd look.
    It's just a thought.
    12-23-08 11:45 AM
    I have a long time girl friend......I stopped caring about what I wear a long time ago.
    12-23-08 11:48 AM
    Absolutely ridiculous.....
    Alright, Versacci (sp), should the reference/suggestion apply..... if you want to compare the telephone and the light bulb to your silly "Wardobe" application, feel free to do so.
    -
    Aren't you embarassed that you first thought of that idea, secondly you POSTED it, and thirdly you compared it's coming to fruition to the like(s) of the phone and the lightbulb?
    -
    Alright Thomas Edison... try, try again!
    -
    (I'd hate to see the anal condition of YOUR closet, pal!
    -
    Sorry... I COULD NOT resist posting a reply to even the mention of a "Wardrobe" application for the BB.
    -
    Don't spend ALL of your money on developing this program, BTW!
    (snicker)
    Sincerely,
    Imelda Marcos
    12-23-08 12:18 PM
    Hey Mrtrey, in case you hadn't noticed, my reference to Edison was obviously a joke. Nowhere did I say my idea was a great invention. Relax and unwind. It's just a thread on a phone forum for crying out loud.
    Last edited by StorminTrojan; 12-23-08 at 12:27 PM.
    12-23-08 12:25 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD