Hello

I hope someone can help me to find out how to obtain a new activation code of BBSmart Alarms Pro.

I bought a new phone, BB8900, because the lost of BB8100.

The PIN was new, of course, and changed in my Account at crackBerry as well as mobihand.com

I sent several emails to ask them for the new activation code of this software but I think the support also confused.

The old activation code was generated by the PIN of the old phone and it was not updated in may account even I changed the old PIN to a new one!

Can you tell me what I should do to get a new activation code?

Many thanks in advance!
    05-30-09 12:27 PM
    Are you sure you're not required to buy a new license?
    05-30-09 12:43 PM
    Contact support@blackberrysmart.com tell them you are switching phones
    Give them your mobihand order number and date of purchase for the
    Software, and the PIN to your phone. They should repond with anew code
    In aday or two.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-30-09 01:50 PM
    @c0rinne: I don't need to buy a new one as they wrote in their support page! I emailed them to ask this question and I got no answer from them too.

@danzw: Thank you for your suggestion!
    I wrote 2 emails to support@blackberrysmart.com maybe a month ago, and one or two filled up the online support form.
    I also emailed, filled up the online support form from mobihand as well as crackberry but the nothing changed. I haven't get my new activation code yet.

The support of blackberrysmart.com is very very poor. They made me disappointed. They seems don't want me to use this software again while I have the right to use it!
    05-31-09 12:35 PM
    That's odd, because I changed phones not long ago, and bbsmart responded very quickly. I wonder if bbsmart ran into financial trouble? Even so, mobihand should still be able to generate a new code as long as the product is still for sale. Since you've made this request 4 times already , try mobihand and bbsmart support again, and write in the title of your email, FIFTH REQUEST! That usually gets the attention of any human that reads it at the other end.

There is a competitor product - Adorno Multialarm. It is not nearly as good as bbsmart, but it is cheaper, and it still does the job.
    05-31-09 01:15 PM
    Thanks so much, danzw!
    I think they have a trouble.
    Anyway, the support desk responded my email this morning. He kept saying that

"Your PIN has been updated to: 2xxxxxx6
    Please log into your software account to re-download your software and see any new codes."

But there was no code generated!
    They are crazy!

I did buy Adorno Multialarm, but I have the same thought as you. BB Alarm is much better.
    05-31-09 09:52 PM
    Hi danzw,

After a lot effort, I had a new activation code generated from my new PIN.

Thank you so much for telling me that I should mark my email with xxxxx th request!

I also took picture of my account inside mobihand and sent it to them!
    06-01-09 07:49 PM
    I tried with 4th request and got nothing

06-01-09 10:47 PM
    I have tried and tried with no response. I sent another (sixth email) and now I get this:

Hello,

Thank you for your support email to BBSmart. Please note this is an auto-response and this mailbox is unattended.

For questions relating to registration keys, activation, purchasing, downloading purchased products, and more, please visit the Registration FAQ:
    FAQ: Purchasing, Registration, and Activation

For questions relating to BBSmart products, please visit the following FAQs:

WTF???? Support@ is an unattended mailbox? I have even tried online forms too. I hate their customer service

06-01-09 10:51 PM
    The calendar alarm features on the 8900 make Alarms Pro kind of obsolete.

Melissa: That does seem kind of messed up. A lot of us gave up on them when it took forever to get out the Bold version of Alarms Pro.
    Last edited by Kronk; 06-02-09 at 01:02 AM.
    06-02-09 12:59 AM
    Your not the only one who has gotten the run around with bbsmart. When I upgraded to 8900 same story as you. Countless emails and flaring tempers. I finally got a response, but I'm probably not willing to go through the trouble again. Right not I'm not so sure I'd recommend their products to anyone. They need to get their act together FAST, before its too late. Someone should totaly email the link of this thread to them. Maybe thatd get their attention. If I was on a PC I would do it. But best of luck man!

06-02-09 03:44 AM
    well when you updated your pin and refreshed it should of just had the same activation code but forwarded it to your new pin.
    06-02-09 04:01 AM
    I have tried and tried with no response. I sent another (sixth email) and now I get this:

Hello,

Thank you for your support email to BBSmart. Please note this is an auto-response and this mailbox is unattended.

For questions relating to registration keys, activation, purchasing, downloading purchased products, and more, please visit the Registration FAQ:
    FAQ: Purchasing, Registration, and Activation[/url]

For questions relating to BBSmart products, please visit the following FAQs:

WTF???? Support@ is an unattended mailbox? I have even tried online forms too. I hate their customer service

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforum
    I got the same before then I went to mobihand and sent out support form from there.
    You should do so!
    I found out If we bought software from this page, actually we bought from mobihand.com. We have automatically an account there!
    You log-in at mobihand
    If you don't know the password to log-in, you use "Forget password" then fill support form.
    You have to try 5 or 6 times before you get their response!

Anyway, I will not recommend this software to my friends, even it is nice one, because of very poor support!
    06-02-09 04:57 AM
    Took a while to figure this out. First, as a FYI, the instructions to address this issue is on their Registration FAQ page. As the instructions read, if you purchased the software from BBSmart, CrackBerry, MobiHand, or any other MobiHand, go to the My Account page at Mobihand to update your device PIN and obtain a new registration key.Enter your account information, and voila, there's your activation code! BBSmart definitely makes finding this information unnecessarily difficult. I had the same issue of emailing the company 4-5 times without a response, and then devoted 30 minutes to researching their website until I found this.
    08-18-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD