This guy is DEAD serious. I'm tired of people thinking because they're hiding behind a keyboard they can just mouth off to anyone they please. And I'm not going to sit here and answer to someone who means nothing to me. I honestly don't need anyone's money, so if you don't like my opinions, don't buy anything from me. Plain and simple.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    06-19-12 04:58 PM
    Is this guy serious?
    It would seem so. Not to worry, I sent all this information to Alec Saunders email earlier today. Posting a customers personal information steps over the line.
    06-19-12 05:41 PM
    It would seem so. Not to worry, I sent all this information to Alec Saunders email earlier today. Posting a customers personal information steps over the line.
    Hopefully Alec will be inspired to pass it on to the App World team and we'll get some improvement in how App World works to make it a bit easier for developers.
    As far as posting a name... http://www.zabasearch.com is a lot more troubling than a developer posting a name.
    06-19-12 05:45 PM
    ... it's curious that all his apps only have 5 star reviews ...
    I downloaded a theme recently. When I went to exit or maybe it was at some other point during the process, the developer had some screen pop up on my BlackBerry that said something to the effect of "Please click 'ok' to award us a five star review!" "Okay" was the only choice and only way to exit.
    06-19-12 07:55 PM
    I downloaded a theme recently. When I went to exit or maybe it was at some other point during the process, the developer had some screen pop up on my BlackBerry that said something to the effect of "Please click 'ok' to award us a five star review!" "Okay" was the only choice and only way to exit.
    Lol... I would have done a battery pull!
    06-19-12 08:29 PM
    This guy is DEAD serious. I'm tired of people thinking because they're hiding behind a keyboard they can just mouth off to anyone they please. And I'm not going to sit here and answer to someone who means nothing to me. I honestly don't need anyone's money, so if you don't like my opinions, don't buy anything from me. Plain and simple.
    But you did answer...
    06-19-12 08:31 PM
    Lol... I would have done a battery pull!
    I didn't think of that, but I'll remember it if it happens again! Thanks!
    06-19-12 08:38 PM
    Here's another example of developer "support":

Trillian Permissions / BlackBerry questions / Discussion Area - Trillian Support (my topic)
    f0xx386 likes this.
    06-19-12 08:49 PM
    If I were encountering an issue, this is what I'd do:

-Contact the developer
    -If no response is given within 24 hours, contact once again
    -If no response is given, contact App World requesting a refund
    -If you feel obligated, leave an honest review stating your issue and what you tried to do to get it resolved

If you're completely ignored, it's justifiable to leave an honest (negative if need be) review and request your money back. But don't expect a response from a developer instantly. The other day I had a customer write a support ticket at 8AM my time and then because I didn't respond instantly, left a negative review 2 hours later saying "support is non-existent". Really?? I don't even wake up until at least noon.

**Side note** Sometimes "uncaught exception" is because the app is using the BBM SDK and you don't have the latest version of BBM installed. Try that, see if it helps.
    Thanks for your suggestions. I've been waiting for a week for a response and I have the latest BBM installed. Guess I'll try contacting them again.
    06-19-12 09:21 PM
    I had made a similar thread like this in the past . I understand your pain.
    06-19-12 09:32 PM
    At 312....

Why would anybody buy your crap considering you want a license to steal and then try to reverse psychology everyone and cry wolf. On top of your passive aggressive behavior when anyone, EVEN KINDLY, ask you to fix it.

Then you ramble on, in this thread about how you don't need money and yada yada. Well then good. Stop stealing our money,no one ask you to Dev. And pull your crappy, unsupported app from the app world that is giving all devs and BlackBerry as a company a bad name!! Washout.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBGeek4Ever; 03-11-14 at 02:30 AM.
    03-11-14 02:06 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD