$1.99 was 'wasted' on an app that was -meh- but has actually 'given' me 3 apps that I do like and use, so it was a fair invesment. I snagged QuickLaunch on a $2.49 Deal of the Day, and with it's 'Settings Backup' transferring devices is no longer an issue. QL well deployed makes the BlackBerry a much more flexible device.

Fancy Characters is a bargain for adding smilies and such, well worth the $2 I paid for it.

But I have 40+ apps, and most of them were free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 06:19 PM
    You are absolutely correct--some apps surely aren't "crap". OTOH, many free apps happen to do JUST what I want, such as Pandora, Kindle, Google Maps, Google Mobile App, Google Sync, Bloomberg, ScanLife, Dragon for Email. I'm sure you don't have anything against free apps, do you?
    Nope. No problem with free apps. Love Pandora, Google Maps, Photobucket mobile, Poynt, BatteryEX and Opera Mini. There are many great free themes and a few games too.
    09-04-10 06:46 PM
    I can't remember when LaterDude Pro or something went on a crazy sale and cost like .99 or something. That was a pretty crappy app I must say.
    09-05-10 07:50 AM
    16 installed
    31 uninstalled

I am picky and find there is a need for some sort of standardization
    in the writing and performance of these apps.

Reminds me of the early days of PC Shareware!
    Why do we have to go through that again...

Tim
    09-05-10 08:11 AM
    I bought RDM+ on sale, and never use it, just too slow to be practical. Maybe if I had a wifi BB, but I don't
    09-05-10 08:48 AM
    I bought Battery Booster for $0.99, that's the only paid application I've bought.
    09-05-10 10:29 AM
    Pay for apps or themes on a BB? Never have, never will. If I end up switching to an Android or iPhone next year, I'll spend on games, but that's it. Had a Palm Centro before this BB, and got all my apps, themes and games for free.
    09-05-10 04:51 PM
    I've paid for 4 apps total. Only feel like I got my $$$ worth on 2 of em. Seems as though (on the blackberry platform) their are not many good apps and the ones that are good are overpriced. I have many friends and coworkers on the Android platform and the apps they get are better and mostly free or cheaper than blackberry.

09-05-10 08:19 PM
    I've bought a couple, but I the good ones always go on sale so I wait for that. I've spent under $20 on apps, and haven't bought an app I don't use.
    I also get a lot of apps from alpha/beta testing, and I've won a couple good ones on CrackBerry
    09-05-10 09:36 PM
    The only apps I've ever uninstalled are the horrible excuse for browsers that BB has as options. As to the money I've spent: $10 on BeWeather and a couple of $5 apps, so in total a mere $20. Though that's actually $13 more than I've spent on my Android apps on the Galaxy S. Almost thrice the amount and barely half the usefulness, enjoyability, and value. Oh well, 23 apps in total on the BB, so not too bad.
    09-05-10 10:04 PM
    I probably wasted about $20 on a few apps & one theme. I've always loved purchasing apps, especially after reading about them on forums such as this. The one theme I purchased is really nice, but I never use it. I find more functional free themes here on CB works for me best. I've donated well earned cash in the past. I do wish BB app developers upped their game as opposed to their iPhone counterparts.

09-05-10 10:08 PM
    Apps Purchased (ever) : Three
    Wasted Dollars : $0.00

Bought SlingPlayer Mobile long ago, and my current BB is about the 7th device that license has been transferred to; with the few thousand slingboxes I have deployed, well worth the $29 for that. I bought BerryWeather and I picked up MoonCal recently after I got this new 9650 a couple months ago - they look very nice on the theme I'm using (which is free).
    09-05-10 10:49 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD