Well over 500$ between my storm1, storm2, curve and tour. I like to buy everything though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I hope I haven't spent as much as you DMG but I'm the same way. I have almost every app and even purchased multiple copies of them for others. I'm afraid to actually look at my receipts to see the total.

12-06-09 06:54 PM
    Well over 500$ between my storm1, storm2, curve and tour. I like to buy everything though.

I hope I haven't spent as much as you DMG but I'm the same way. I have almost every app and even purchased multiple copies of them for others. I'm afraid to actually look at my receipts to see the total.

You 2 guys are crazy
    12-06-09 07:39 PM
    Probably about 60-80+ dollars....

Mostly themes, and dont use many of them anymore either because i use 5.0
    12-07-09 02:50 AM
    probably 50 or 60$
    12-07-09 06:35 AM
    Exactly $43.18... How do I know you ask... When I got my rebate from buying the Storm on launch day, I have only used the Rebate Card for buying apps... I now have a balance of $6.82... Mostly games I'm afraid... Gotta have something to do when I'm bored and it also keeps my 6 year old busy at the right times
    12-07-09 07:48 AM
    under $10, but I have a lot of free demos and free fun apps. Enough to keep my occupied.
    12-07-09 07:59 AM
    Ewallet
    Quicklaunch
    QuickPull Pro
    Texas Holdem Kings 3
    PBA Bowling
    Laterdude Pro
    Add to Contact
    VibandRing
    Freddy Falling
    Shazam
    Profiler
    PhoneLog
    MissedCallAlert
    12-07-09 10:59 AM
    No wonder the BB app community is crap in comparison to....well everything else (not just iphone stuff).

The iphone apps have followings, something only a select few apps (as in less than 10) on the bb have. When something new comes out and is immediatly slapped with a $2.99 or even $1.99 price tag, only a few people are going to immediatly grab it. I completely understand the need for developers to be compensated for their hard work, but iPhone dev's see massive profits because there is a niche base for them to work with thanks to the affordability of most of the apps.

I'm not saying they are too expensive, but if dev's want bigger returns for their work, they may consider launching the app for free for a month or so (not 2 hours) so that a larger part of the community will try it out. If it's good, and/or people want more then the next "update" or a even a new app altogether, then the developer can put the price tag on it and see things go from there.

Yes, you have free loaders who will just download it and not show you as much as a thank you, but until the market for bb apps is able to expand at a faster rate there will never be incentive to seriously consider buying some of the apps that are available.

just my 0.02 cents.
    12-09-09 12:16 PM
    No wonder the BB app community is crap in comparison to....well everything else (not just iphone stuff).

The iphone apps have followings, something only a select few apps (as in less than 10) on the bb have. When something new comes out and is immediatly slapped with a $2.99 or even $1.99 price tag, only a few people are going to immediatly grab it. I completely understand the need for developers to be compensated for their hard work, but iPhone dev's see massive profits because there is a niche base for them to work with thanks to the affordability of most of the apps.

I'm not saying they are too expensive, but if dev's want bigger returns for their work, they may consider launching the app for free for a month or so (not 2 hours) so that a larger part of the community will try it out. If it's good, and/or people want more then the next "update" or a even a new app altogether, then the developer can put the price tag on it and see things go from there.

Yes, you have free loaders who will just download it and not show you as much as a thank you, but until the market for bb apps is able to expand at a faster rate there will never be incentive to seriously consider buying some of the apps that are available.

just my 0.02 cents.
    I tried that it doesn't work. People just get mad that their once free app not costs money. It's actually a negative affect on the developer. My theory is this....make something that is worth 2.99$ and people will buy it.
    12-09-09 01:33 PM
    ive spent more on apps then my phone is worth
    $2.99 on metterberry - that's it
    12-09-09 03:31 PM
    Less than $20 with DriveSafe.ly being the largest at $13.
    12-09-09 03:54 PM
    quicklaunch and stormslider i would like to spend more but i dont have enuff memory
    That's just a side effect of too much 420 activity. lol I understand

I've only spent maybe 5 buck on apps.
    12-09-09 03:58 PM
    Not a dime. I have not found an app that I need badly enough to justify spending the cash on. I like the free ones just fine.
    12-09-09 04:06 PM
    Not a dime. I have not found an app that I need badly enough to justify spending the cash on. I like the free ones just fine.
    And people wonder why no developers want to program apps for our devices
    12-10-09 12:32 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD