I can't be the only one that is like this. How many apps can you realistically have on a BB without slowing it down? I have a sh*tload and am always trolling this site for more. Why? Who the **** knows but I do it. A couple of times a day and damn, I go nuts when the weekly Crackberry Apps Roundup comes around every Friday. lol

How many is too many and how have some of you decided on what's enough and what's too much and slows your Berry down? How much available memory does a BB need in order for the apps you DO want to work properly?

And what was your criteria for dumping some apps.......even ones that you've paid for?

Hello, I'm addicted to apps especially 3rd party apps.
    05-22-09 10:57 AM
    I'm addicted to 3rd party apps too. I didnt notice any lagg in my phone until I started downloading themes. I have the 8900 with about 12-15 3rd party apps. I trash an app depending on how less I use it, but always back it up on pc just incase I decide to go back to it later. Im always on Viggo, Crackberry, and App World searching for the coolest apps
    05-22-09 11:14 AM
    Apps need memory, and even when you back out of an app it still takes memory to keep your place, running multiple apps without this in mind will cause lag, also running media apps like watching movies on your BB and running high consumption apps will also cause the lag.

Go to options > status, watch your "file free" when that is depleted you have installed too many
    05-22-09 11:21 AM
    Go to options > status, watch your "file free" when that is depleted you have installed too many
    I'm sure you meant that as funny but obviously your bb slows down a lot sooner before this point, right?
    05-22-09 01:33 PM
    Yeah, it seems like performance starts to suffer at around 15MB free, depending on what you're running and what you're still trying to do. Last I counted I had over 20 apps and everthing runs comfortably, but I don't leave all of them open at once. Beyond the Browser, Messages, Homescreen, Call Log, which can't be shut down, I usually have two or three others running at any given time, and that's probably even more than a lot of people. BerryWeather, Instango and GMail are usually running in the background, but they're not doing much until I get a message or the weather updates. I close or restart them from time to time as well, and have memory cleaner set to run when the phone is idle for 5 mins. With all the junk I have on this phone I still hover around 40MB free and pretty much never need to yank the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 02:24 PM
    I average between 30-35 apps at any given time.
    05-22-09 06:21 PM
    Got 32 and just clean memory, msgs not needed and browser history plus error log...love looking for new apps to play with!!

05-22-09 06:54 PM
    30 - 35, 32.....hmmmm, how are we defining apps here? lol

I have a ton and I just deleted a bunch. Jeez
    05-22-09 07:14 PM
    I Reaaaaaaaallly Wish I Could Save Apps To My Memory Card!!!!!!!!!! I Am A Berry Addict. I Am Berry Addicted To 3rd Party Apps. Thats What Im Doing Now.... Searching For Applications For A Phone I Have Not Even Bought Or Recieved Yet. I Need Therapy!!!!!
    05-22-09 08:57 PM
    I am addicted: 45 3rd part apps installed right now. Always looking for new ones and deleting the ones that I don't like or use. Or that seem to be memory hogs.

05-26-09 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD