I know this is prob in the wrong forum but how do I make the voicemail alert silent? I make certain people's ringtones silent so I can sleep during the day but when they leave a voicemail, an alert goes off. I don't see an option to make the voicemail alert silent.
    08-10-10 10:06 AM
    can't u use the "all alerts off" feature when getting some shut-eye?
    08-10-10 10:12 AM
    Well the problem is that I work nights and my fiance works during the day so I need to be able to answer the phone if she needs me. Plus I am on call while I am asleep so I have to have keeps some ringer profiles turned on. The other thing involves a personal thing where I need to respond to a text from a certain person if needed. I just need to find a program to silence or a setting to get rid of the alert for a new voicemail.
    08-10-10 10:58 AM
    Well the problem is that I work nights and my fiance works during the day so I need to be able to answer the phone if she needs me. Plus I am on call while I am asleep so I have to have keeps some ringer profiles turned on. The other thing involves a personal thing where I need to respond to a text from a certain person if needed. I just need to find a program to silence or a setting to get rid of the alert for a new voicemail.
    change your SMS alerts to silent.
    08-10-10 11:02 AM
    Ok I think I got it figured out. Made a new profile called sleep. I turned SMS alerts to silent and then went into contact alerts while "sleep" profile was active and made it where the contact I need to be able get text from had the volume for SMS turned up. Will this change effect the new profile even though the SMS is muted? Will it also silence the voicemail alerts still?
    08-10-10 11:12 AM
    Ok I think I got it figured out. Made a new profile called sleep. I turned SMS alerts to silent and then went into contact alerts while "sleep" profile was active and made it where the contact I need to be able get text from had the volume for SMS turned up. Will this change effect the new profile even though the SMS is muted? Will it also silence the voicemail alerts still?
    If I understand your settings correctly, it should work. Call your phone and leave a VM to test it. To test the contacts alert, obviously you will need to use a cell phone that you have also set up special settings for, to see if it alerts you when you SMS your phone.
    08-10-10 11:18 AM
    Ok thanks for the help everyone. Made me a new profile, turned SMS to silent, and then changed the contact I needed from active profile for messages to volume level 8. Now it allows their text to alert me and not my voicemail. Now I just wish Leave It On wouldn't show like three popups whenever a voicemail comes in but that's a different problem. lol
    08-10-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD