I have a BB 8330 curve running OS 4.3.0.127. I installed Opera mini which runs fine. My problem is that I can't make it my default browser. Every time I click on a link, say from an email message, the default BB browser opens up but I want Opera mini to do so. Went to "BB browser > options > browser configuration > browser:" there is a pull down menu there, but only one option available: "internet browser"
    05-29-09 05:18 PM
    Can't be done. This topic has been beaten to death.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:21 PM
    Is it the version of the OS or the device? Will the issue continue of I upgrade to OS 4.5?
    05-29-09 05:44 PM
    Can't set it in 4.5 either.
    05-29-09 05:54 PM
    What a drag
    What's a new, better, possibly faster browser good for, if the old one keeps being launched every time I click on a link
    05-29-09 05:59 PM
    Can't be done. This topic has been beaten to death.

I don't understand why people have attitudes on this site. If you don't want to help, then don't leave a message. Otherwise, offer some helpful advice that will aid the entire Crackberry community. You can see he had only 5 posts, which typically indicates a Newbie. Therefore, it has not been beaten to death to him because he wasn't on the forums long enough.

Simply put, at this point, it is not an option. Hopefully one day, just not today.
    05-29-09 06:14 PM
    Bolt is better than OM.

Bolt Browser - Download

And, no, you can't make Bolt your default browser either.
    Last edited by xliderider; 05-29-09 at 06:17 PM.
    05-29-09 06:15 PM
    Is it the version of the OS or the device? Will the issue continue of I upgrade to OS 4.5?
    You can't do it on 4.7, so I'm sure you can't do it on 4.5.
    05-29-09 06:15 PM
    I Doubt it its the OS system that makes it complicated..cant wait for that day it actually happens.
    05-29-09 06:18 PM
    What a drag
    What's a new, better, possibly faster browser good for, if the old one keeps being launched every time I click on a link
    If you upgrade to 4.5, you will get a BB browser that is much improved over the 4.3 version. You will also get more free memory for apps, a video camera, and html email.
    05-29-09 06:21 PM
    I just copu the link and open OM. It takes longer but it works

05-29-09 06:24 PM
    I just deal with it.If I want opera I open it. Too bad for the links I click on. Fyi I don't care for bolt :/
    05-29-09 06:46 PM
    I don't care for bolt :/
    Have you tried the latest Beta?

I tried it a while ago, and hated it. I reluctantly tried it again after ppl were gushing about it, and yes, it is very good. Pages look the closest to a desktop browser of any BB capable browser.
    05-29-09 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD