why cant I make my facebook notifications silent. I have every sound setting I can think of set to silent and off. I still get the audible notification. anyone have any suggestions? I am on the tour with the 4.7 os and the latest facebook update.
    11-19-09 11:00 AM
    there is a facebook setting in the "profiles", you changed that, didnt you? if you have and it still gives you an audible notification, you may have an OS that is buggy, and i would suggest upgrading it.
    11-19-09 11:12 AM
    go into profle, find facebook and reduce vol, change tone or silence notifications in there.
    11-19-09 04:53 PM
    At lease u get them, i dont get any notifications for FB.
    11-19-09 05:46 PM
    go into profle, find facebook and reduce vol, change tone or silence notifications in there.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44163157@N06/4118696360/[/IMG]

this is my screen. I have everything off and still get the audible notification. I have my email and other alert settings to quiet also and they are working fine. I do not want any sound or vibration coming from my Blackberry. I just check it occasionally and thats when I notice if I have a message, facebook, etc. As stated all works except for the facebook one?
    11-19-09 05:52 PM
    Go to the following page. I just signed up to help out, and am not allowed to post links yet, so you will have to put the URL string together:

crackberry.com/blackberry-101-creating-and-editing-profiles-and-notifications

near the top of the page there is an embedded video. Watch that.

On your BB, go into the sound profiles area, then scroll down to "Set Ring Tones/Alerts"

Click on "Other" to expand that list.

If Facebook came pre-installed on your devices (as it did on mine) you will see Facebook in that list.

Click on Facebook to edit those settings.

There is a section for "vibration". The global setting might be set to "Custom". Change this to "off" and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.
    04-22-10 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD