Hello guys. I just installed the latest .743 Update. Had a problem where the BB was nuked, did a wipe and install and the file with my 3rd party back ups, has no alx file. I did a search and couldnt find it at all. I really dont understand this. How can one be made or what needs to be done to get these files back on my phone? Any help is appreciated!
    06-11-10 12:29 AM
    Can anyone tell me how to get all of the .cod files from my 3rd party apps, loaded back onto my phone? The alx file is no where to be found. Im dyin over here! lol
    06-11-10 01:03 AM
    Use BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) to load the cod files.

Select Modify CODsand then select Install Cod(s)

BBSAK 1.7 - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    06-11-10 01:14 AM
    Thank you for that help. Worked like a charm boss!
    06-11-10 07:01 AM
    I always use BBSAK to backup my apps before I do an update.

It backs them up as COD files, but makes an ALX file for one shot reloading.
    06-11-10 07:38 AM
    BBSAK is the best application to be used for backing up, wiping and loading an os on your BB - IMO - .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 08:28 AM
    Why even go thru all that headaches and re-install 3rd party apps when you can do this all in one shot with the "loader.exe" file that is in the OS on your PC?? When I upgrade to a new OS I use this path (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ Loader.exe) to load all OS, and it backs up 3rd party apps and puts them back on the device. And all you have to do is enter in the activation codes.....
    06-11-10 09:32 AM
    Thank you for that help. Worked like a charm boss!
    Fantastic! Glad you got it worked out
    06-11-10 09:34 AM
    Why even go thru all that headaches and re-install 3rd party apps when you can do this all in one shot with the "loader.exe" file that is in the OS on your PC?? When I upgrade to a new OS I use this path (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ Loader.exe) to load all OS, and it backs up 3rd party apps and puts them back on the device. And all you have to do is enter in the activation codes.....
    In a perfect situation that would work, but if you read the first post the
    OS upgrade went off the rails so that option would not work.
    06-11-10 09:36 AM
    You can also do it with DM by initiating but not executing a device switch...after that do a search in windows for a folder with a title that's the name of your device pin and save it to desktop...make sure it was just created (date/time)...BBSAK is better though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 03:40 PM
    Yes but entering the activation codes can be a real drag at times if you have to do it like a dozen times. Wish there was a way to back them all up and re-install without having to reactivate/register all over again.
    06-11-10 05:59 PM
    you can also back up your apps the orginal way that is posted on CB, run the device transfer wizard, no 2nd device needed, when it asks to plug in the 2nd device search your PC for your PIN and you will find a folder with your apps with ALX files and COD files, copy it and hit cancel on the transfer, i use this process of BBSAK, you can also create desktop install files from OTA files
    06-11-10 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD