How do you tell an app to load to the media card? I have media storage enabled, but a recent large app simply went to main memory, no option apparent.
    09-30-11 07:41 PM
    You cannot do that.
    09-30-11 07:46 PM
    I know some apps do go to the storage card....perhaps if it doesn't ask, it can't go there?
    09-30-11 08:39 PM
    I know some apps do go to the storage card....perhaps if it doesn't ask, it can't go there?
    as stated, you cant install an app to the memory card. unlike an android device, blackberrys cannot do this. if you install an app OTA, it installed to the phones memory.
    09-30-11 09:37 PM
    An app can be made to store images/resources on the SD card (pictures, media, data...) but there's nothing you can do to put anything on the sd card if the developer didn't program it in.
    09-30-11 11:16 PM
    I think what I must have meant was storing data for an app to the card. But I guess that depends on the particular App.
    10-02-11 01:42 PM
    The old App World would let you "archive" apps to the card, but that was stupid because you still had to re-download the app if you wanted to reinstall it. But anyway, if the app doesn't offer a storage location option in the settings, you can't do it. It's got nothing to do with it being a BlackBerry, so ignore the Droid/iPhone nonsense. If the developer didn't offer it, you can't.
    10-02-11 04:45 PM
    How do you tell an app to load to the media card? I have media storage enabled, but a recent large app simply went to main memory, no option apparent.
    There's an old app since the year 2008 called "Aerize Card Loader" which loads apps from Memory Card..
    Not sure for recent devices but you can try it.
    http://aerize.com/blackberry/software/loader/new/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-02-11 04:54 PM
    as stated, you cant install an app to the memory card. unlike an android device, blackberrys cannot do this. if you install an app OTA, it installed to the phones memory.
    come to think of it, i couldn't get apps to install to the SD Card on Android either. music yes, apps no.
    10-02-11 05:08 PM
    come to think of it, i couldn't get apps to install to the SD Card on Android either. music yes, apps no.
    You can't get it directly but you can transfer them to sd card manually then reinstall from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-02-11 06:11 PM
    I didn't kno u can add blackberry apps on to your media card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 07:06 PM
    Not apps, just data for the apps.
    10-02-11 08:05 PM
    There's an old app since the year 2008 called "Aerize Card Loader" which loads apps from Memory Card..
    Not sure for recent devices but you can try it.
    Aerize Card Loader 2008 - Premium BlackBerry Utility Software
    AFAIK, Aerize Card Loader doesn't work on OS 5 or newer.
    10-03-11 08:48 AM
    This is crazy. Does the new leaked os for os7 devices permit the transfer of apps to an sd card?
    04-07-12 10:38 AM
    You simply cannot
    04-07-12 01:28 PM
    This is crazy. Does the new leaked os for os7 devices permit the transfer of apps to an sd card?

No because this is a limitation of the current OS of these phones. There is no way to by pass from installing the apps on the device memory.

Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900
    04-07-12 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD