My application download center on my storm just refreshed and now has MySpace and Visual Voicemail available for download. I deleted VVM off my phone for memory purposes and I want nothing to do with Myspace. Anyways, how do i get the red * off the icon on my home screen that lets me know there are new applications available?
    01-21-09 08:37 PM
    I second that question. I'm having the ame issue. Simple selecting like you do a message won't work. My guess is install the app, but like you I don't want to!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 09:52 PM
    wish I could bump this. We can't be the only two with the problem
    01-21-09 11:38 PM
    Did you try to remove and then reinstall the app center. When you do the initial scan after reinstall it will only recognize the latest version and will not have the red asterisk symbol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 12:44 AM
    I had the same problem. I just did a battery pull, and it went away.
    01-22-09 12:48 AM
    Have you looked inside for new Apps with a asterick? Generally if the Asterick is there, there is somthing new inside.
    01-22-09 12:53 AM
    I'd rather not reinstall the app center as that can't be the only solution. A battery pull is looking like the best answer.

I have, as mentioned in my original post, opened the app center. I do not want the new apps. I've clicked on them but I don't want to install them. It can't be possible that the red asterisk stays on there until you install it. There has to be something we are missing here.

Anyone?
    01-22-09 01:11 AM
    just go to the app center and open the apps just before u have to install them hit cancel
    01-22-09 01:56 AM
    I have this problem. I don't want facebook, myspsace or flickr on my storm so I never loaded them. myspace has an update and, as a result, the red star is present.

won't go away, can't delete the unwanted apps.
    01-22-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD