ok so im trying to remain calm. my phone froze then i took out the battery and put it back. then when it came back on it said uncaught exception 5.... and it keeps saying app error 523 and restarting.. do i need to go get a new phone or can this be fixed manually?
    06-28-10 12:16 AM
    you will most likely need to reload the operating system on the phone. go download the newest OS for your phone, then follow the procedures in the Blackberry 101 Articles on how to reload an OS.
    06-28-10 01:12 AM
    What dictoresno says is true. You will need to reload the phone's Operating System to fix this problem.

I would add to his comments however in that should you not feel able to carry out an OS update/reload then first try asking your carrier for a replacement phone if it is still under warranty.

Help will be available here should you need it.
    06-28-10 03:24 AM
    yea im pretty sure if you are stuck in a rebooting cycle with an app error 523, a reload is a must. something corrupted. it can be an easy fix if you are familiar with OS loads. but like Pete said, if you arent familiar with or dont feel like doing it, see the carrier for replacement. im usually against doing that since its a roughly a 30 minute fix without having to deal with the carrier or a refurbished phone. its like trying to return a new car because of a dead battery. the OS reload is the easiest fix.
    06-28-10 04:00 AM
    I haven't found any simple step by step article to help me fix this blackberry app error 523
    08-30-13 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD