I am new to this Curve 8530 (coming from a Palm Treo) and am struggling. ..

I have downloaded a few apps l like but am finding that it is extremely difficult (or time-consuming) to launch them. Surely I must be doing something wrong. For example, to launch SlickTasks, I press the Blackberry key, roll over to Blackberry App World, roll over to My World, scroll down to SlickTasks, wait a few seconds till it loads, then press the Run key. By this time, I am so tired I have likely forgotten why I wanted to launch the app in the first place. Isn't there a way to launch this with one button? Surely that's possible, no?

Thanks!
    03-10-10 05:55 PM
    After you download an app from BlackBerry App World or any other source you will get an icon for that app on your BlackBerry. Look in your download folder for your apps. You may have your download folder hidden. On your homescreen hit the BlackBerry button-Show All.

Then to launch an app just click on the app icon. You can move your app icons to your BlackBerry home screen for easier access.

No need to open BlackBerry App World to launch your apps.
    03-10-10 05:59 PM
    I find it hard to believe that he didn't know that apps dl to the phone and didn't have to go through app world..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 08:47 PM
    I find it hard to believe that he didn't know that apps dl to the phone and didn't have to go through app world..

Plam OS is different from Blackberry OS.
    He's new to Blackberries.
    03-10-10 09:02 PM
    Also, Make sure you close apps correctly by hitting the blackberry button and scrolling down to 'Close' it saves Battery!
    03-10-10 09:03 PM
    @chrisy520

+1
    03-10-10 11:57 PM
    Thanks guys for your help. When I am on the home screen, pressing the Blackberry button brings up a new screen with alot of different choices, however NONE of them are the apps I downloaded. And, pressing the BlackBerry button does not present a Show All option.

However - through trial and error I found out the HOLDING the Blackberry button opens up a screen where I can access my apps a little bit faster. Gee, I wonder where this was documented? I might have been able to save an hour. But I still have no idea how I can get my SlickTasks icon to show up on my Home screen.

I suppose one day I will come to the conclusion my Blackberry Curve is better than my Palm Treo. But right now, the interface seems terribly clunky and hard to figure out. And the quality of some of the apps is appalling. . . (just venting)
    03-11-10 07:09 PM
    Start at the home screen, Click the Blackberry button, Then a Menu will show on the left, Show All should be under ' Move to Folder '

Also, when you HOLD the Blackberry button while on the home screen, it shows your applications that are currently running. Blackberry Messenger, Browser, Phone and Messages will always be there.
    03-11-10 07:14 PM
    You discovered the Application Switcher which is good. You still need to find your downloaded apps. Keep looking, they are there somewhere.

03-11-10 07:17 PM
    Ok, here is how to get it on your Home Screen so its there when you press the BB menu key.

Click your BB menu key
    Scroll to the 'downloads' folder
    Highlight your program you want to move
    Click the BB menu key
    Select 'Move to folder'
    Now select where you would like to put it (Home moves it so its there when you press the BB menu key)
    03-11-10 08:10 PM
    Ahh! Thank-you! It's all starting to make sense now.
    03-11-10 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD