Hi, can someone explain to me how following a user with device updates work?
    How do we know the user has tweeted? Do we get a notification?

Thanks!
    11-04-10 09:07 AM
    Are you talking about following members of CB who help get us leaks and update us on officials?

Just follow them on twitter and read their tweets.

I actually use viigo and subscribe to rss feeds like
    BBLeaks
    CrackBerry Blogs
    BBSync
    BB Cool

And read their blog updates via rss and between all of them I know within one hour to three hours if an update or leaks has been released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 09:14 AM
    I have never used this option, but I believe that it means you will also get a secondary notification from Twitter in your device message list when that user makes a tweet. But again, as I stated I never used it before.

Unless the user has protected tweets, you will see their tweets in your timeline when you go into it. If their tweets are protected, when you attempt to follow them, they will get a notification from you asking for access to read them. If they accept, you can see those tweets and send DMs and such. I personally don't know why people protect their tweets. All they mostly say is that they are eating Cheerios, or are on the way to work, etc. lol. You get notifications of tweet depending on the application used, and your notification settings of your choice within that said application.

I hope I understood your questions, and provided proper answers.
    11-04-10 02:33 PM
    I have never used this option, but I believe that it means you will also get a secondary notification from Twitter in your device message list when that user makes a tweet. But again, as I stated I never used it before.

Unless the user has protected tweets, you will see their tweets in your timeline when you go into it. If their tweets are protected, when you attempt to follow them, they will get a notification from you asking for access to read them. If they accept, you can see those tweets and send DMs and such. I personally don't know why people protect their tweets. All they mostly say is that they are eating Cheerios, or are on the way to work, etc. lol. You get notifications of tweet depending on the application used, and your notification settings of your choice within that said application.

I hope I understood your questions, and provided proper answers.
    there is alot more to it for some people, this keeps spammers from following and annoying them
    11-04-10 02:55 PM
    there is alot more to it for some people, this keeps spammers from following and annoying them
    Yep. I know this. It may also be true for you or those that you follow, but, in my personal experience this is not the case with those that use it. It is actually used in a way to seem important so they actually get more follower requests. Sorta like waiting excitedly for Socialscope invitations. lol.

But, back OT, do you have an answer for the OPs questions? I am interested in this myself and would like to know definitively.
    11-04-10 03:08 PM
    i read this post early this morning and still am not sure what the OP is asking about. if i knew what they mean by "user with device updates" meant that would bea good thing
    11-04-10 03:22 PM
    I have just tried to replicate this on Blaq, SocialScope, T4BB, and UberTwitter, and I cant seem to do it again, but I have definitely seen it before. What I "believe" the OP is speaking about is sometimes when you try to follow someone, there is a pop up with like 2 or 3 options, in which one of them states to "follow with device updates". I don't remember the client that does this, but I always ignore it, and just follow the individual. I don't know why I dont see it now when attempting to follow someone now though.
    11-04-10 04:05 PM
    you mean an SMS every time they tweet something? you do that from the twitter website, but that would be damn annoying real quick i think. unless the person only tweets 1-2 times a day maybe
    11-04-10 05:38 PM
    you mean an SMS every time they tweet something? you do that from the twitter website, but that would be damn annoying real quick i think. unless the person only tweets 1-2 times a day maybe
    I figured that's what it was. A secondary notification from Twitter. I do know that this option appears intermittently when using a client on the device; however, I cannot recall the client or reproduce it now for some reason. I think it would be a distracting pain as well. Lol. Thanks.

11-04-10 06:04 PM
    Uber gives this option. I've never picked it as I too, am unsure what it involves.
    11-04-10 08:12 PM
    Ugh, I'm sorry! I forgot to mention I was talking about ubertwitter! Anyway, so everytime that user tweet, you'll get an sms? I wished they had a notification :/

11-04-10 09:35 PM
    Yes, I'm talking about the 3 option that pops out when you try to follow someone. Thanks for your time!

11-04-10 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD