how do u use the app world in unsupported countries?
    05-29-09 05:41 AM
    I'd love to know too !
    10-10-09 04:42 AM
    App World is only availabke in certain countries and the Blackberry site will not let you download the app unless you are in one of the geographoes thay RIM currently support.

There seem to be 3 possible work arounds available to fool the system.

1). Go to a supported country and download the app.

2). Use the web based App World BlackBerry App World - Home. I am not sure if this will work though.

3). Find a working download link. There was on on Crackberry a while back - just after the launch. I just looked and could not find it but I know that it is there provided no one has taken down the link.
    10-10-09 05:28 AM
    Use a remote proxy "based" in a supported country.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 09:24 AM
    Do what the rest of us did. Load the appworld COD files onto our phone. It works great only thing you can't download the paid apps.
    10-10-09 09:26 AM
    Do what the rest of us did. Load the appworld COD files onto our phone. It works great only thing you can't download the paid apps.
    Do you know what the .cod files are called? Maybe we can still help.
    10-10-09 10:56 AM
    Found 'em. Gimme a minute and I'll upload them.
    10-10-09 11:00 AM
    Found 'em. Gimme a minute and I'll upload them.
    have u got it? i would like to know.. cos my country is not in the list for blackberry app world
    10-10-09 11:25 AM
    Here you are. There are two files and you need to put both onto your phone. I took these off my own phone.

To put the files on your phone, use http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/. Your phone may well re-boot between files.

I have NO IDEA how this will all work as I have never tried this. If it works, good, if it does not then I can do no more.
    10-10-09 11:39 AM
    Here you are. There are two files and you need to put both onto your phone. I took these off my own phone.

To put the files on your phone, use http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/. Your phone may well re-boot between files.

I have NO IDEA how this will all work as I have never tried this. If it works, good, if it does not then I can do no more.
    ok i'll try that...
    10-10-09 11:44 AM
    it will work but you will only see free apps
    10-10-09 12:24 PM
    It is the best we can do, I am afraid. Thank Bajanbastard for pointing out how to do this.
    10-10-09 12:30 PM
    ok.. finally got it working... however, when i click the app world icon, an error messge comes up saying net_rim_bb_apprworld-8 not found...
    ps: I triple checked that i had loaded both .cod files into my curve..
    Last edited by titobogran; 10-26-09 at 03:53 AM.
    10-26-09 03:37 AM
    awesome, thanks ! works great on 8900

well... actually it keeps disappearing...
    I guess it has to done with the service books.
    Any idea ?
    Last edited by flori72; 10-31-09 at 08:58 AM. Reason: bug
    10-29-09 11:40 AM
    Does someone have the updated 2 files that are required to achieve this?

1) net_rim_bb_appworld.cod
    2) net_rim_bb_appworld_resource_en.cod

?
    11-23-09 11:33 PM
    OK i replaced the files BUT still cant Install the "App world"

Still get the same error "Your device does not meet the system requirments that are needed to support BlackBerry App World"

WTF?!
    11-23-09 11:37 PM
    So is there anyway I can just forget about appworld and download the free apps from somewhere else?????? Every goddam page redirects to this xxxxxx page that tells me to download appworld inwhich i can't!!!
    11-27-09 05:06 AM
    i just got a 9700 and live on the border of a supported country. i switch to the countries network, try and install, and i get a "you do not meet the system requirements" style error message.

any ideas?
    01-20-10 06:04 PM
    hey does any 1 has files for 9500??
    01-31-10 07:20 PM
    I used javaloader to install these two files (see the attached file). And they worked fine. And I got free screensaver (I don't know why I did arrr.) and got this radio station. But decided to get rid of freen screensaver. But if I get rid of it, my App World is gone too.
    And if I load it up with javaloader, radio station and free screen saver come back.
    Does anyone have any idea how to get my App World back without UNNECCESARY app?
    02-26-10 09:57 AM
    http://www.bbhybrids.net/forum/downl...d/AppWorld.jad try this.....

but still looking for a way to buy paid apps... any suggestion
    03-01-10 01:40 PM
    Hey..
    I am using Blackberry Bold 9700 and I live in Thailand.
    I installed the CrackUtil program and i tried to put in the COD files, but then CrackUtil showed an error saying JavaLoader.exe not found.
    I checked the file, and JavaLoader is there..

can any1 please help me..?
    03-25-10 05:01 AM
    I tried to put in the files, net_rim_bb_appworld.cod wasnt installed in, i clicked open and nothing happened, but net_rim_bb_appworld_resource_en.cod was succesfully installed, can any1 help please?
    03-25-10 05:11 AM
    strange, here in switzerland i shouldnt be able to use the appworld.
    but know how i got it to work?

i travelled to germany, after i was connected to my roaming provider, i was able to download and install the app world

would be great if this could work with the US version too! so finally european users were able to buy apps of the app store!

maybe its possible through a desktop download too, using a proxy. will try this and get back to you guys soon!
    03-25-10 08:15 AM
    Hello,

New to Crackberry.

I have a blackberry 8520 that i purchased in Kuwait. wont let me use app world.

BUT i have a verizon storm that i still have from the states. is there anyway to take app world off if the storm and put it on the curve?

If now how do i get the free apps?

Also anyone else have the curve 8520 with NO fLASH?
    08-10-10 01:01 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD