Hey guys, I was wondering how you update apps on the tour. For instance Google maps works okay but it is obvious that it is still made for the storm. How will I find out about an update and install it? I have the same question for all other apps?
    07-12-09 08:32 PM
    this is something that isn't really standardized across all apps. some will automatically check and alert you from within the app of an update. some you have to manually check ur selves through the app. and some you have to go to the physical website to check for updates.

so there isn't one real answer. just depends on the app itself
    07-12-09 08:56 PM
    Hey guys, I was wondering how you update apps on the tour. For instance Google maps works okay but it is obvious that it is still made for the storm. How will I find out about an update and install it? I have the same question for all other apps?
    3rd party apps that require an activation code you will need to contact the vendor and give the new pin number.

I would just go to each app site for the others. Google for googlemaps etc. They may or may not have a separate app for the Tour.
    07-12-09 09:06 PM
    Google used to have an auto updater, but that was deprecated for Google MObile App, which i can't find anymore??
    07-12-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD