Okay so I hate those appworld update notifications. They pop up and I have to go searching for the message (using the BB "messages" app which I hate and don't normally use) and then I can only get rid of them by clicking on them and subsequently opening appworld. I have to do that each and every notification that pops up.

Right now I have over 15 of them and I don't want to take the time to click on each one, have it load up bb appworld, and then back out so I can click on the next one.

Isn't there a simply way to tell BB appworld to NOT notify me of updates? I have many apps on my phone and this gets old real quick.
    11-15-10 10:56 AM
    update the apps/uninstall app world
    11-15-10 11:33 AM
    I just explained why its a HUGE waste of time to go through every notification and update the app just to get rid of an icon.

I can't uninstall the blackberry app world because it doesn't show up in my list of applications when I go to options -> applications.

Besides, I like the app world but I DON'T want to be notified every time there is an update to an app.

Can't I just use the appworld without notifications? You can turn all that shiz off on both Android and iPhone why not BB?
    11-15-10 01:44 PM
    No. You can't turn off the notifications.

Why aren't you just deleting the messages instead of clicking on them?
    11-15-10 05:10 PM
    In messages, click "mark Prior opened" and all the notifications for the bb apps will be "opened" and thus go away.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-15-10 05:13 PM
    Update the apps, they usually fix something on them. That is why there is an update

11-15-10 05:56 PM
    I agree. This system sucks! I just updated my bold to OS6. Every morning it seems I have another update for one of my apps. I don't want to see them every day! Yesterday was a Facebook update.. 1.4 mb. I don't have any more room on my berry, and don't need the new Facebook buttons or whatever. It is working perfectly fine.
    Now everytime I click on my universal search bar it shows me my calendar and a list of Blackberry App World updates that i can't get rid of. Its these small things that tick people off... I've always been a bb fan and love the new OS6 but forcing me to do updates pushes the wrong button for me.
    03-04-11 06:31 PM
    LISTEN TO ME!!!

Go into Options... then click Applications. BlackBerry AppWorld will not show up! On the top right hand corner of the screen there is a drop-box menu. Click on it, then press Add-On (I think that's what it's called), and delete BlackBerry AppWorld! DONE!:
    crackbbc likes this.
    04-27-11 07:31 AM
    I agree. This system sucks! I just updated my bold to OS6. Every morning it seems I have another update for one of my apps. I don't want to see them every day! Yesterday was a Facebook update.. 1.4 mb. I don't have any more room on my berry, and don't need the new Facebook buttons or whatever. It is working perfectly fine.
    Now everytime I click on my universal search bar it shows me my calendar and a list of Blackberry App World updates that i can't get rid of. Its these small things that tick people off... I've always been a bb fan and love the new OS6 but forcing me to do updates pushes the wrong button for me.
    erikdv, when you update an app, the newer version will replace the older version. The only memory you'll need to worry about is the difference.
    So, if an app is 1.4MB and the new version is 1.6MB, the effect is only 0.2MB.

mmwinna is correct. AppWorld is listed under Add-on applications.
    Delete AppWorld = delete notifications... but deleting AppWorld is not the point, isn't it?

Bottomline, it's lame. I don't know other phone systems, but it's lame enough as it is for a BB user.

My own rant:
    1. AppWorld notified me yesterday to upgrade BBMessenger. When I look at it, it tells me to upgrade to the SAME version already installed... wtf?
    2. Other times I get notifications from the app developers of the upgrades, which don't ever show in AppWorld. So, I upgrade OTA via the app developer's instructions and then AppWorld will see the app as "deleted".
    3. Other times, AppWorld tells me to update to a version that doesn't work in my phone and I have to "roll-back" via the app developer's instructions, resulting in the same scenario as above.
    05-02-11 02:51 PM
    Hi,

I had the same frustrations because I never use App World yet it was in my face with updates on my notifications screen. I went to options > application management > applications > app world > then deny all their settings. After the restart the useless notifications were gone. Im not sure how this will affect app world but I use it like once a month so I dont really care lol. Hope this helps!
    05-10-11 10:21 AM
    Hi

Do you know how to do the same on a 9780?
    Equus712 likes this.
    05-24-11 06:39 AM
    I too had enough of these...since installing OS6 on my Bold. Thanks to one post I found how to delete the AppsWorld from your Bold on OS6: Go to SETUP. Then second tier down is Personalization..then choose Options here. Then Device... (about 5th down)...then Applications (about 9th down). Choose this...it will populate all apps. Now just highlight in blue the Blackberry Apps World, but don't open it. Use menu/left BB button and press. See delete and choose that. Then reboot it...or shut off and on..and thank God it is gone!
    Kizhmet and crackbbc like this.
    05-25-11 10:22 AM
    Updates are one thing, but the lame advertisements with vibration and bright flashing LED for apps they want me to try is getting to me. I have LED notification turned off, and it flashes anyway.
    08-29-12 05:12 PM
    The best way that I've been able to disable appworld notifications is by doing alt-rst after I'm done using it. You just gotta remember to do that after every appworld use.
    08-30-12 12:49 AM
    There is no way to turn off App World notifications? Even though there are hundreds and hundreds of threads all over the web about how to do this - and thereby be offered the simplicity and dignity of personal choice. What are they possibly thinking!?

Why aren't you just deleting the messages instead of clicking on them?
    That's like saying 'spam is OK because you can always delete it'.

Unsolicited mail (which is what an App World notification undoubtedly is, given that it lands in the messages inbox) that does not have an unsubscribe link - is not only patently rude, it IS ILLEGAL. And for good reason.

This is the sort of thing that RIM is dropping the ball on. Its a shame that such a few people (no doubt) are letting the whole thing down.

I eventually deleted App World (on my 9860 that was easy via options>device>application management>App world>delete) in order to take my power back from these bullies, before I gave my BB to someone else as a gift. I then checked whether or not you could log out of App World in the new BB10 phones, but alas, no simple courtesy or consideration pending at RIM these days. I was a diehard, I defended them against all comers, and I am not easily angered. But after 7 generations of BBs, and being loyal to the very end, I reluctantly moved to andriod...

And I have to say - phew!!!

FULL CONTOL

Google listen to their customers I guess (= they have a future).

Where has the 'research' arm gone? Who is listening to the voices of BB users???

RIM is now simply - IN MOTION (?)

Doesn't sound like a good place to be, but they are not doing themselves any favors by being so patently ignorant. If they really want to get out of it (you would assume they do?), they really need to not only stop people leaping, they need to go one further and win people like me back (people who desperately want to come back, and who have stuck by them, but who simply can't put up with it any longer..)

I believe they have a very small window of opportunity now, and if they stepped up, I would return in a heartbeat. I have loved my BBs.. but nobody is up for being manhandled and abused.

So if anyone's listening, you could start with this: App World has to not be a Venus Fly Trap.

Just be nice. It works.
    Last edited by getwhatuask4; 10-10-13 at 07:14 PM.
    10-10-13 06:50 PM
    The best way that I've been able to disable appworld notifications is by doing alt-rst after I'm done using it. You just gotta remember to do that after every appworld use.
    That was when BBs had physical keys.. any options for a touchscreen version? :-/
    10-10-13 07:16 PM
    The touch screen keyboard mirrors the physical key board in position of the "keys" on screen.
    So whatever key press or combo is done on the physical keyboard, you simple find the same position on the touchscreen key board. As in the key on the physical keyboard at the position of second row, third column, is the letter D and the alternate number 5.
    Press the key for a D or press ALT and then the same key for 5. The same D and 5 are at row two column three on the touchscreen.
    It's just a matter of remembering the position of the regular keys when you switch to the ALT ( the "&%123" key) key.

As in:
    For keyboard: ALT- A S D
    would equal
    For touchscreen: The "&%123" key - * 4 5

In the App World reset case, it would be: "&%123" - 3 4 (
    10-11-13 07:43 AM
    I got 66 of those notifiactions and I deleted Appworld and downloaded it againthat's not helping.
    10-12-13 04:07 AM
    You register as a new user today and you churn up a year old dead thread to do some ********.

And you constantly refer to the company as RIM. These comments are like they are from 2011 as well. You must be an old troll.

What are they possibly thinking!?

This is the sort of thing that RIM is dropping the ball on. Its a shame that such a few people (no doubt) are letting the whole thing down.

I eventually deleted App World (on my 9860 that was easy via options>device>application management>App world>delete) in order to take my power back from these bullies, before I gave my BB to someone else as a gift. I then checked whether or not you could log out of App World in the new BB10 phones, but alas, no simple courtesy or consideration pending at RIM these days. I was a diehard, I defended them against all comers, and I am not easily angered. But after 7 generations of BBs, and being loyal to the very end, I reluctantly moved to andriod...

And I have to say - phew!!!

FULL CONTOL

Google listen to their customers I guess (= they have a future).

Where has the 'research' arm gone? Who is listening to the voices of BB users???

RIM is now simply - IN MOTION (?)

Doesn't sound like a good place to be, but they are not doing themselves any favors by being so patently ignorant. If they really want to get out of it (you would assume they do?), they really need to not only stop people leaping, they need to go one further and win people like me back (people who desperately want to come back, and who have stuck by them, but who simply can't put up with it any longer..)

I believe they have a very small window of opportunity now, and if they stepped up, I would return in a heartbeat. I have loved my BBs.. but nobody is up for being manhandled and abused.

So if anyone's listening, you could start with this: App World has to not be a Venus Fly Trap.

Just be nice. It works.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 08:25 AM
    Zombie thread.... ignore

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    10-12-13 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD