When I do something that launches the browser, it launches the BB browser by default. How can I force my phone to use only the Opera browser, such as when clicking links in email, etc.?

In Advanced Options I see an option called "Default Browser Configuration," which may or may not be what I needed to change, but even clicking on that simply highlights what's in there ("Internet Browser") and doesn't seem to allow for a selection.

Thanks.
    06-24-09 03:05 PM
    You can't change the default browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 03:10 PM
    Simple....You can't change the default browser.
    06-24-09 03:14 PM
    Ugh. So the only way to use Opera Mini is when you manually start it yourself? That seems....useless in many situations.
    06-24-09 03:24 PM
    All you have to do is press on the opera icon stop being lazy

06-24-09 03:26 PM
    you could always set it to a convenience key
    06-24-09 03:29 PM
    Ugh. So the only way to use Opera Mini is when you manually start it yourself? That seems....useless in many situations.
    Well seems that's how it goes until rim decides to employ the use of such a browser! Excuse me while I sip my tea.......
    06-24-09 04:01 PM
    All you have to do is press on the opera icon stop being lazy

Maybe you should re-read my original post for examples of the use cases I'm actually talking about. If I open a link from an email, or from Viigo, etc. it would be nice if my BB used Opera Mini. It seems strange to set up OM as your browser (with bookmarks, personal settings, etc.) and then get forced into the BB browser because you opened an external link.
    06-24-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD