I've got Google maps 3.0.2 on my 8300, how do I know if that's the latest version?

I've looked around, and looked here, don't see where it shows the latest version:

Google Maps on your mobile phone

I know I can just delete and reinstall, and I'm sure it'll be the latest version, but just in general how can you tell?

Thanks
    08-15-09 09:43 AM
    that is the latest version
    08-15-09 10:52 AM
    Right, but like I askedin my OP, how can you tell?
    08-15-09 11:25 AM
    I know I can just delete and reinstall, and I'm sure it'll be the latest version,
    You answered your own question.
    08-15-09 11:36 AM
    You answered your own question.
    OK - so there's no way to tell besides that.

Most software, well all software that I've seen before, you can check if there's a more recent version out there without having to reinstall the whole thing.

What I'm asking is, I know how to check the version on my BB, but I'd like to know (without just reinstalling for the heck of it) if there is a newer version.

Obviously from the answers here nobody knows how to do it or you just can't do it.
    08-15-09 02:29 PM
    OK - so there's no way to tell besides that.
    Again you answered your own question.

Since none of Google's pages show the version that is the latest, that's the only way.

When you go to install any software on your BlackBerry and click on the "Download" button, it will ask you if you want to overwrite the currently installed version with the "new" version and the version numbers will be shown, so you can decide if the version you are installing is a newer version.
    08-15-09 02:35 PM
    When you goto the google map website, it says what the current version is there. You can then compare that to which version u already have. Other than that, the program doesn't have an about section that I can find

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 02:36 PM
    Again you answered your own question.

Since none of Google's pages show the version that is the latest, that's the only way.

When you go to install any software on your BlackBerry and click on the "Download" button, it will ask you if you want to overwrite the currently installed version with the "new" version and the version numbers will be shown, so you can decide if the version you are installing is a newer version.
    Since nobody here knew this earlier, I found this out from another question I posted about the Facebook version.

Here's how to tell what version of any app you're running: (thanks jtran91)
    Options > Advance Options > Applications, then beside the app it should say x.x.xx whatever version you have.
    09-22-09 08:04 PM
    And how would you know from that information that that's the latest version since the question was how do you know if you have the most recentt version? And not how do you determine what version you do have installed?
    Last edited by Motorcycle Mama; 09-23-09 at 06:30 AM.
    09-23-09 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD