Excuse the newbie question but I'm curious as to how some of you have so may apps installed on the 64mg space. I know that ringtones, pictures, etc. can be stored on a media card (waiting for mine to be delivered) but other than about 4 pictures and 2 music ringtones, I've installed the following and have 8400421 bytes still available; When will my available memory become a problem?

Google Maps
    Google Sync
    BBWeather
    CB Shortcut
    Gmail App
    TeleNav
    Berry-a-Code
    BeamBerry(guess I'll be deleting this soon since I don't want to pay an annual subscription)
    01-04-08 11:48 AM
    At 8.4mb of free device memory, you already have a problem, in my opinion.

8310 here, I have about 20 additional apps on mine, and run about 14-16mb free. I also pull the battery and reboot about every third day.

Google Maps and TeleNav are big memory hogs. They download the maps needed but are not so good about releasing the space once you even close the program. Rebooting is necessary after an extended use of either of those applications, for me.
    01-04-08 12:00 PM

8310 here, I have about 20 additional apps on mine, and run about 14-16mb free. I also pull the battery and reboot about every third day.

Google Maps and TeleNav are big memory hogs. They download the maps needed but are not so good about releasing the space once you even close the program. Rebooting is necessary after an extended use of either of those applications, for me.
    I don't see how you can have so much free memory, with that many apps installed. I only have a small word game installed. Nothing else added, even deleted languages and sample video/songs and run at 14.8MB after a battery pull.
    01-04-08 12:35 PM
    Java isn't exactly a memory hog, unlike the WinCE/.NET OS.
    01-04-08 01:19 PM

Why would running at 8mb free space be an issue? I used to run my 7105t at about 1-2mb free and it was fine.
    01-04-08 02:15 PM
    Why would running at 8mb free space be an issue? I used to run my 7105t at about 1-2mb free and it was fine.
    Because this is not a 7105, perhaps?

And, it may not be an issue for you. I have seen too many users running 12mb and under who lose their call logs, messages, etc. Since there is not an absolute "correct" number, I just use as a rule of thumb 12-15mb free as a good number. I would recommend higher.

Of course, your experience may be different. I hope it is.
    Last edited by jsanders; 01-04-08 at 02:49 PM.
    01-04-08 02:33 PM
    So is it recommended to transfer my pictures and ringtones to my media card?
    01-04-08 02:38 PM
    I don't see how you can have so much free memory, with that many apps installed. I only have a small word game installed. Nothing else added, even deleted languages and sample video/songs and run at 14.8MB after a battery pull.
    From my Options > Advanced:
    -BBCorrector 1
    -BBWeather 2
    -BeamBerry 3
    -Beyond411 4
    -BB 4.2 Core Apps
    -BB 4.2 System Apps
    -BB Attachment Service
    -BB Maps
    -BB Messenger
    -BB Alerts 5
    -Browser
    -Chronograph 6
    -CirclePopper 7
    -CountDown Timer 8
    -FoxNewsMobile 9
    -Google Maps 10
    -HandMark BlackJack 11
    -JiveTalk 12
    -Ka-Glom 13
    -Leopard Theme 14
    -LiveSearch 15
    -L_Dimension Theme 16
    -MemoPad
    -Mobylo Multi Alarm 17
    -MyAlarm 18
    -Pacman 19
    -Password Keeper
    -Phone
    -Pipes 20
    -Quick Compose 21
    -QuickNote 20
    -ReverseLookup 21
    -Shopper 22
    -SmartView 23
    -Spider Solitaire 24
    -Stashmclient 25
    -Stowaway Shasta 26
    -Tasks
    -TeleNav 27
    -Viigo 28
    -WXSYS Local 29

So... actually 29 NON-RIM apps. My File Free at this moment is 16,444,050.
    I know that is a lot of apps, but I am testing a couple and a couple of them (like the Fox News) are not much more than a web shortcut, taking up very little space.
    01-04-08 02:45 PM
    uh...immediately...amen...

check your memory every day or so and reset as needed....

-db
    01-04-08 02:45 PM
    So is it recommended to transfer my pictures and ringtones to my media card?
    Very much so. Here are two great links to review:
    http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/H...n_my_device%3F
    Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ

Good luck.
    01-04-08 02:47 PM
    according to my status, i do have 24MB free though. but I'll do that tonight once I hook up my BB to my PC.
    01-04-08 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD