i updated my app world, and the icon wont go away, any clue how to get rid of it ?
    08-10-09 11:09 AM
    Do a battery pull or 2. Did the same thing for me. It may also mean u have programs that have updates I believe so check my world too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 11:14 AM
    A lot of people are talking about this, it seems to go away on it's own.
    08-10-09 11:15 AM
    Its in the messages folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 11:38 AM
    Are you on the latest version of App World .15? They have done a few updates of the program lately perhaps it's fixed in the latest?

BlackBerry - App World – The Official BlackBerry App Store for BlackBerry Apps
    08-10-09 11:56 AM
    Batt pull worked for me, bu tonly after I upgraded.
    08-10-09 12:10 PM
    I edited the thread title slightly for clarity.
    08-10-09 12:11 PM
    I also did a batt pull and it went right away.
    08-10-09 12:19 PM
    This is showing there is an update to either the App World or an update to one of your applications you downloaded via the app world.
    08-10-09 12:54 PM
    i finally got rid of it after 2 battery pulls
    08-10-09 01:10 PM
    Its in the messages folder! The overall messages folder!!
    08-10-09 01:25 PM
    I'm surprised that no one here responded with the correct answer... yet.

It's not a "battery pull" issue; it's not a "it goes away on it's own" issue.

Simply put, it's a message notification. Look in your messages inbox. There will be messages with the same notification icon for each application that has an update available from the AppStore.

Just click on the message and it'll automatically take you to that app's page in the AppStore. You will have the option of "Upgrading".

Whether you upgrade or not is irrelevant as simply having read the message is enough to clear the "New Apps Message" alert.

Read all the messages to clear the notifications.
    Bob G likes this.
    08-10-09 02:12 PM
    i had already checked the messages folders, all of em, was nothin there... so that wasnt the solution
    08-10-09 02:37 PM

Simply put, it's a message notification. Look in your messages inbox. There will be messages with the same notification icon for each application that has an update available from the AppStore.

Just click on the message and it'll automatically take you to that app's page in the AppStore. You will have the option of "Upgrading".

Whether you upgrade or not is irrelevant as simply having read the message is enough to clear the "New Apps Message" alert.

Read all the messages to clear the notifications.
    Not true. Not sure how many folks here had DynoStorm but I did and it was updated a few months back...however, as anyone who had DynoStorm noticed...there is something wrong with App World in that it won't actually download and install the update...it'll error out everytime (to upgrade they developer offered an OTA solution).

I actually had it tell me I had 2 updates available yesterday. Checked the messages and only found that DynoStorm had an update available in App World (despite the fact that I already have the new version). I had it search for the same sender to see if there was a second one that I may have overlooked...nope just one in my message box. After deleting that message, it said I had 1 update left...although I didn't. Checked App World and then clicked on "My World" to verify that I really didn't have any pending upgrades (I didn't). A simple soft reset fixed the issue.

So, in summation, your "correct answer" was only actually one of two possible solutions so you were only halfway right.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 08-10-09 at 03:50 PM.
    08-10-09 03:47 PM

I also tried this and it did not work. The icon was still there after I went to App World and ran the update that the notification was for. I then looked in my global Messages folder for the ghost message, ran a "Mark All Prior Items Opened," did a soft reset, and none of these made the icon go away.

It wasn't until I did a battery pull that the icon went away. Looks like it's taking multiple pulls for some people. I'm guessing it's a bug that hopefully the App World people will fix with the next update.
    08-10-09 06:26 PM
    I just deleted the message in my main messages folders notifying me of the update and it disappeared immediately. No battery pull needed.
    08-10-09 08:27 PM
    I had the same problem and the batt pull worked for me.
    08-15-09 11:46 PM
    My fiancee had the same thing happen on his phone. Wouldn't go away even after we updated and it rebooted then also did a battery pull.
    08-16-09 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD