Hey I just exchange my phone and when I restored from my backup I didn't have any apps on my phone... does anyone know how to backup/restore everything including apps?
    07-27-09 11:49 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

You also need a regular backup. Between the two, you are covered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 11:55 PM
    Also, if you have done an OS loading operation, then you will have a file called Loaderbackup(date).ipd on your computer. This file should have your 3rd party apps. You can restore from that.

07-27-09 11:58 PM
    I had a similar experience; when I upgraded from my World Edition to the Tour, I transferred (or restored) apps backed up on my computer via Desktop Manager, from the older phone to the new. While it did a flawless job with my messages, settings and such, it omitted virtually all my 3rd party apps.

The fix? I was pretty sure that I had all my 3rd party apps backed up as well, and fastidiousness is pretty much my family legacy. I went back in, and did a second install of my backed-up files. The second time around, viola! the third party files were there.

Keep in mind though, that this was a bittersweet victory; since I was upgrading from the 8830 to the Tour, most of my apps had a different version intended for the Tour. So I ended up having to replace a couple of my apps anyways, just so I could get the current incarnation (e.g., my Slacker radio kept freezing, as well as Viigo, until I downloaded the correct up to date versions). You mentioned that you switched phones; if you switched from an older model to a newer one, then what I've just described should be a paramount concern. If you just swapped the same phone, then it would not be a concern at all...
    07-28-09 12:40 AM
    I did the usual 3rd party backup method (Device Switch, press cancel and search) and couldn't get all of them to backup. i had 21 apps and 6 wouldn't backup.

BBlight, BBFileScout, Vymail, CaptureIT, Google Maps, and Podtrapper wouldn't backup. Not a big deal, but can't figure it out.

Happened before too, so i dunno. Never had an issue with the Storm backing up 3rd Party Apps.

Anyone else not getting a full 3rd Party Backup?
    08-03-09 03:02 PM
    3rd party app backup procedure that was linked has always worked for me. Granted, some app's configurations were not restored for some reason - berry weather and beejive seem to not like restoring their configs on mine - but the app gets restored fine.

I've contacted both berryweather and beejive support folks and requested that there be an option in a future release to backup and restore those app's configs to the media card, like BBM5 can do with contacts. Hopefully they'll add that functionality.

08-03-09 03:17 PM
    yeah me too, but i dunno what's going on recently. meh. oh well.

haven't searched, did you make that hybrid?
    08-03-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD