Every email that comes in does 2 med vibs in the holster and repeats until I pull it out of the holster and check it. I went into profiles and selected my custom profile and set to do custom vib, 1 short for email on all accounts and to level 1. I still get to med vibs long and I can only get it to quit when I check itwith constant reminders which drive me crazy.

I have berry buzz and the colors work great but how can I get my email to setup just one vib and then stop reminding me. I set berrybuzz to no reminders for the email accounts but then I get nothing at all. Is this possible to get 1 short vib then no reminders after that . I just want to know in new mail has arrived have the light start flashing red and have the light keep flashing till I check it but no more vibs.
    09-01-09 04:28 PM
    I have noticed that the alerts only work as expected if your profiles are set to NORMAL. Setting them to MEDIUM or LOUD, changes to profile, which is a bug in the OS. I would suggest setting the profiles to NORMAL [and leave it] and set your settings as desired. You should get the results you're looking for.
    09-01-09 05:02 PM
    i would have said the same thing, good job. hope it helps you
    09-01-09 05:42 PM
    I got the texting to work as needed but for the life of me my emails keep coming in with the default of 2 med vibs in holster. What is the difference between level one and email setting for each account. what is level 1? I set my Pin preference but then there is a instant message preference for blackberry messenger aren't they the same?
    09-02-09 09:00 PM
    Every email that comes in does 2 med vibs in the holster and repeats until I pull it out of the holster and check it. I went into profiles and selected my custom profile and set to do custom vib, 1 short for email on all accounts and to level 1. I still get to med vibs long and I can only get it to quit when I check itwith constant reminders which drive me crazy.

I have berry buzz and the colors work great but how can I get my email to setup just one vib and then stop reminding me. I set berrybuzz to no reminders for the email accounts but then I get nothing at all. Is this possible to get 1 short vib then no reminders after that . I just want to know in new mail has arrived have the light start flashing red and have the light keep flashing till I check it but no more vibs.
    First of all, edit your settings for EVERY single default item inculding the items under the 'Other' section do the following:
    By default, I mean anything that does not have "(BerryBuzz)" beside it

Volume:Silent
    LED:Off
    Vibration:Off

Then, under each item that has "(BerryBuzz)" beside it change the Volume, LED and Vibe settings to reflect whatever you wish.
    09-02-09 09:21 PM
    I change this under the set ringtones/alerts and leave the profile to normal correct? I have tryed setting a custom profile but it just keeps messing up but reading its better to keep the profile on normal due to a Tour bug.

I have to go into options/berrybuzz to change those items correct?
    09-02-09 09:30 PM
    No, these settings are under Profiles in the Other section at the bottom. Options>BerryBuzz is only to edit light colors and reminder reoccurence settings. So if you chose a specific ringer and vibe config for "Tasks" in profile settings it will flash the color you choose and repeat the sound, color flashes, and vibes every 10 sec, 30 secs or whatever...
    09-02-09 09:35 PM
    No, these settings are under Profiles in the Other section at the bottom. Options>BerryBuzz is only to edit light colors and reminder reoccurence settings. So if you chose a specific ringer and vibe config for "Tasks" in profile settings it will flash the color you choose and repeat the sound, color flashes, and vibes every 10 sec, 30 secs or whatever...
    ok, so the vibs are set under the settings of berry buzz but you can't pick 1,2,3 or short , med long vibs like you can under profiles correct?
    09-02-09 10:17 PM
    ok, so the vibs are set under the settings of berry buzz but you can't pick 1,2,3 or short , med long vibs like you can under profiles correct?
    You need to read more carefully

You can pick 1,2,3 or short , med long vibs and the option is under Other in you Profiles>Set Ring Tones/Alerts>Other

For example you will see "Facebook" and "Facebook (BerryBuzz)."
    -Edit "Facebook" and change Vol=Silent, LED=Off,Vib=Off
    -Edit "Facebook (BerryBuzz)" and change Vol=[number you want], LED=[on/off] and finally Vibration=Custom (Short, medium and long becomes available along with the count, etc..
    -Then goto Options>BerryBuzz and enable the reminder and change the color under "Facebook"
    -Facebook notificatons are now setup.
    Last edited by jets76; 09-02-09 at 10:30 PM.
    09-02-09 10:28 PM
    This may help...

I have two custom profiles setup.

1. Home- Loud
    2. Work- Vibrate

For Home Loud
    I have.....
    All alerts set to full volume
    LED on
    Vibration set to holster only.
    No berry buzz set....didn't even mess with them in this profile.

For Work Vibrate
    I have
    Volume set to silent
    LED on
    Vibration set to custom
    Short
    In and out of holster, set to in and out.
    No berry buzz set....didn't even mess with them in this profile.

In Berry Buzz settings. I have turned on, and colors selected for each alert(Email, SMS) but reminders off. And mine works fine.
    09-02-09 10:34 PM
    You need to read more carefully

You can pick 1,2,3 or short , med long vibs and the option is under Other in you Profiles>Set Ring Tones/Alerts>Other

For example you will see "Facebook" and "Facebook (BerryBuzz)."
    -Edit "Facebook" and change Vol=Silent, LED=Off,Vib=Off
    -Edit "Facebook (BerryBuzz)" and change Vol=[number you want], LED=[on/off] and finally Vibration=Custom (Short, medium and long becomes available along with the count, etc..
    -Then goto Options>BerryBuzz and enable the reminder and change the color under "Facebook"
    -Facebook notificatons are now setup.
    I never new you could change the options to everthing under the OTHER setting. wow that is amazing ! Ok so let me see if I have this straight. I need to turn my MMS under the settings to no led, no vib and no volume.

then go to mmsberrybuzz .
    and set the tone, vol = 2 , vib to 3 short ?

I think my problem is I have been making changes in the normal settings and not making the change for the berrybuzz version.

Now a few questions . What is level 1 ? What is the difference with blackberry messenger and PIN settings?
    09-03-09 09:14 PM
    ok, I think I am getting it but still don't under stand what the PIN messaging(via messaging app) vs Blackberry messenger what is the difference? Aren't these the same?
    09-03-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD