I purchased Vlingo Plus 4.0 through Vlingo.com a while ago and I see version 4.5 is out now. Is there a way I can update my version without having to pay for it again?
    Last edited by Rusky; 03-24-10 at 10:46 AM.
    03-24-10 10:14 AM
    Sign into your software account, and click on the download button right next to it. Yes, it really is that easy.
    03-24-10 11:05 AM
    Sign into your software account, and click on the download button right next to it. Yes, it really is that easy.
    It didn't let me change the topic title, but I meant to say I bought it from Vlingo.com. I have the email from them to re-download 4.0, but I don't see a place to update it.
    03-24-10 11:15 AM
    Oh, well that changes everything... Have you tried emailing them? That would be a good place to start.
    03-24-10 11:24 AM
    Oh, well that changes everything... Have you tried emailing them? That would be a good place to start.
    Yup, I did a little while ago. I just wanted to see if someone here knew.

Thanks though
    03-24-10 11:39 AM
    Yeah, that's about the only way you will get the update. If they don't have place to sign in and get updates emailing them is what you need to do. They will hopefully help you out. Have you tried seeing if you can update it anywhere in the app? That might work????

I buy all my apps from the CB App Store because of the simplicity of it. They are all right there to look at, re-download after a OS install, activation codes there, changing devices is very easy too. They will even send you an email when an update becomes available, complete with a link to download the current version.
    03-24-10 11:52 AM
    Go to Vlingo options; choose upgrade. If you get the server error when trying to update, go to options then "connection settings" and change to "BIS", then try again and it will work.
    03-24-10 02:13 PM
    Go to Vlingo options; choose upgrade. If you get the server error when trying to update, go to options then "connection settings" and change to "BIS", then try again and it will work.
    Man, glad I used the search. I almost created a new thread

Anyway, I am having the same issue. I purchased through the website awhile back (I already emailed support) but have not recieved a notification to download the upgrade. A coworker got an email from them and he upgraded. I did like you said by going to Vlingo options. However there is no option to choose "upgrade". Thoughts?
    03-24-10 10:36 PM
    nevermind I'm dumb. I just tried the link and all is good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD