My old phone had a busted usb port. I have DM but I assume I cant use it to transfer the apps with a bad port. Any suggestions so I can get my apps on my new BB?
    04-07-10 08:51 PM
    Well, the easiest way would be to re-download them all OTA and just enter your registration info again.

It really doesn't take that long

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 08:58 PM
    Depending on where you got the apps, you can just re-download them.

I don't know how or if this works, but you might be able to blue tooth a backup???
    04-07-10 09:03 PM
    How would you tranfer the apps with a working fone. I thought this couldn't be done since they are stored on the phone and not the memory card.

04-07-10 11:17 PM
    How would you tranfer the apps with a working fone. I thought this couldn't be done since they are stored on the phone and not the memory card.

He's talking about getting the apps on his partially broken BB, moved to a different BB. The easiest way to do it (if his usb plug worked) is through the Device Switcher in DM. It moves all your data from one phone to another. You are correct that the apps are NOT stored on the memory card.
    04-08-10 08:50 AM
    He's talking about getting the apps on his partially broken BB, moved to a different BB. The easiest way to do it (if his usb plug worked) is through the Device Switcher in DM. It moves all your data from one phone to another. You are correct that the apps are NOT stored on the memory card.
    How can he do that with a broken USB port on the old BB? If he can't get it to work via bluetooth, he's stuck with re-downloading all the apps.

04-08-10 08:52 AM
    This is why I backup my phone with bbsak often!!

04-08-10 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD